the glade

just warning you all before you read, i wrote this book when i was 11, it's horribly written and so cringey. i would delete it, but i know i'd pissed people off.
my writing has improved but this whole book is bad 👍 enjoy lmao

_______

Flashing light after flashing light. My head was burning as I opened my eyes. I was in a box, with crates and a few animals. Though, that wasn't what I was bothered about. I was bothered about where the hell I was and where this elevator type box was taking me. I had beads of sweat dripping down my face and my heart was beating extremely fast.

Then it stopped. Everything stopped. The animals froze from surprise and I stayed quiet.

Until I heard shouting. I could tell from their deep voices that it was boys. The doors opened and sunlight hit me, filling the box. I immediately covered my eyes, trying to protect them.

More shouts, much louder.

I felt the box shake and a figure dimmed out the sun.

"It's alright, greenie. You can uncover your face." Someone spoke gently.

I did what they said and blinked a few times, adjusting.

There were indeed boys. Quite a few of them. They were all peering down at me with shocked faces. I looked at the one stood over me. He was very tall, muscular. His head was shaved and his eyebrows pointed upwards. He had a belt of tools around his waist.

"Hey." He smiled.

"Hi." I choked out.

"Day one greenie" He said holding his veiny hand out to me. I hastily took it and he helped me out the box.

"Where the hell am I?" I asked looking around.

It was beautiful. Trees and bright green grass. There were a few wooden huts in the distance. It looked like a piece of art.

"This is the glade. Welcome. I'm Gally." The boy with the funny eyebrows said.

"I'm... wait, why can't I remember my name?" I questioned.

"It happens to us all, it will come back to you in a few days don't worry, I'm Newt." A blonde boy held his hand out. I shook it,  not smiling.

"Do you ever smile?" He chuckled.

I smiled slightly, "Yeah, sorry. I'm just very confused."

Some of the boys parted letting someone else through. The boy walked up to you and put his hand on your shoulder.

He was dark skinned and also quite muscular.

"I'm Alby, I'm, like, the leader here." He had a big smile on his face,"We only have 3 rules here. Don't attack each other. Do your jobs, no slacking. And finally don't leave these walls. Only runners can do that." He pointed at the ivy covered walls surrounding us.

"What are runners?" I asked curiously.

Newt spoke up, "I'll explain later at the bonfire. But first I'll show you around."

"Hope you like it here greenie." Gally smiled and walked off with the rest of the boys.

~after the tour~

Newt had introduced me to everyone and shown me all the jobs. He insisted that as seen as it was my first day, that I didn't have to do anything, even though I wanted too. Now, I was sat against a tree, pulling bark off a twig.

"Hey, whatcha doing down there, greenie?." someone said kneeling down in front of me.

I lifted my head. It was Gally.

"Nothing much. I want to help but no one will let me." I groaned and he chuckled at my facial expressions.

"You can help me. Alby's told me that you need a separate room in the homestead, god only knows why but I need help to build it. What do you say?" Gally asked standing up and holding his hand out.

"Sure." I took his hand and he pulled me up. We both began to make our way to where my room would be.

"Gally, can I ask you a question?"

"Anything."

"How long have you been here?" You
asked picking up some wood.

"About a year. Alby's been here the longest."

"So are we just trapped? No way out?"

"Basically. The only way in is the box, that you came up from."

"So, each and everyone one of you came up in it."

"Yep."

"And why am I the only girl?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I have no clue. You were a surprise to us all. None of us remember ever seeing a girl before."

Gally and I talked for a few hours, about nothing in general. He was actually quite nice to be around. Newt came limping over to announce something.

"Bonfire in 30 minutes. Gally, Alby wants all the builders to get the fire ready. Greenie, you can just hang around, I guess."

"See you in a bit." Gally smiled patting me on the back.

"See ya." I smiled back as he walked off with Newt beside him.

—————————————————————
Hey guys so I'm new to Wattpad. This might not be very good. I'm sorry. Please be kind!
Enjoy x