Immortals 5

Chapter 5

NYAH. I’m finally starting to upload on this again but it’s crappy, I know, just…go with it haha, I’d LOVE ideas! Comment on any ideas you have or PM me or like yeah. MMMkay, starting story..now!

+++

The carriage bumped along the road for what seemed like forever, I couldn’t see anything but darkness outside of the windows.

“Where are we going?” I asked Hades.

“The Winter Solstice ball, I already told you. Pay more attention,” he responded briskly.

It was weird, he got a lot jittery-er and more wound up as soon as we got into the wagon.

There was a lantern attached to the wall, it cast a dim light over us. Hades cleaned up really well, not that I’d ever tell him that. His dark hair was messy as ever but he could really wear a tux.

As for me, well, the dress was amazing, it shimmered with every movement I made and a layer of gossamer mesh-type material swirled with every step I took.

Suddenly, the carriage shuddered to a stop. A loud screeching noise pierced the silence.

“Wha-?” I started. But the world turned upside down as the cart flipped onto its side.

Hades lunged for the door.

Before he left, he shot one last glance at me, “Stay here.”

+++

The darkened room was lit by a glass orb filled with green smoke. A young girl, no more than eleven sat atop the orb, cross legged and clearly not paying any attention to the world around her.

A loud creaking alerted the girl to another person entering her space.

“Oh, it’s you, how may I assist you?” The girl’s eyes opened, revealing unnaturally green irises.

“Oracle, the girl, she’s here, coming to the Ball in fact.” The intruder was clothed in a hooded cape, his face hidden in the shadows.

“The affairs of the heart are treacherous and tangled. This organized chaos is what makes it so beautiful, do you not agree?” The green orb seemed to glow brighter with every word.

“I fail to understand.” The hooded figure remained calm, although the Oracle sensed a slight irritation behind his words.

“It seems Helen’s curse will be once again raised.”

“Helen?”

“That is all I can say to you, my apologies.”

The hooded figure bowed and stalked out of the room. Helen’s curse? What the hell did that mean? Damn oracle, never trust a damn kid to give you instructions.

Sometimes, you had to take matters into your own hands. The figure lifted off his hood, the blinding light exuded from his body lit the entire cavern.

A god’s gotta do what a god’s gotta do.