Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen | Eastwood Entertainment

chapter one - articles

▪️OCTOBER 2020▪️

Eastwood Entertainment drops a mysterious teaser image for their upcoming boy group

On October 20, Eastwood Entertainment dropped a mysterious new teaser image for their upcoming K-Pop boy group, expected to debut in December of this year.

In the teaser image, 8 boys have their heads stacked together, their faces covered.

The image is also accompanied by the text "Epoch", as well as 8 other symbols, seemingly representing each of the 8 members.

Previously, Eastwood Entertainment confirmed the launch of a large-scale boy group project. The group is projected to debut simultaneously in Korea, Japan, and the United States later this year.

What do you think of the rookie group's first teaser image so far?

▪️ ▪️ ▪️ ▪️

Jamyn Signs With Eastwood Entertainment

Jamyn has joined Eastwood Entertainment!

On October 22, Eastwood Entertainment revealed, "We recently signed an exclusive contract with Jamyn and will continue to maintain a good relationship with him. We are happy to welcome a singer-songwriter with outstanding talent and sensibility to our family. Please look forward to the new music and performances we will create together."

Eastwood Entertainment is headed by Darnell Eastwood and is home to Girls' Evolution, Hye, Lyra Rhee, Zara Larsson, Blac Chyna, Omarion, Oriana Nyman, Lola Rae, Tyga, Shenseea, Kyong, Mee, Legacy, Tais, and Dreama.

Darnell Eastwood personally welcomed Jamyn to his label with the Instagram post.

Wishing Jamyn all the best at his new agency!

▪️ ▪️ ▪️ ▪️

Eastwood Entertainment's new girl group to debut in November

Get ready to stan a new K-pop girl group.

Eastwood Entertainment announced on 31 October that their new girl group, DoU, will debut in November by unveiling the first teaser on DoU's newly-created social media handle.

The members of the new girl group have yet to revealed, but has sparked speculation amongst fans that came out with theories that it might be a girl supergroup as a counterpart, or it could also be an entirely new group with new artists.

Though the official debut date has yet to be confirmed, aespa will be joining SM Entertainment's new girl group, aespa and Big Hit's new boy group, ENHYPEN, in November debuts.

Stay tuned for updates.

▪️ ▪️ ▪️ ▪️

▪️NOVEMBER 2020▪️

Late Noticae's Won-shik Reportedly Preparing For Solo Comeback

Won-shik is working on new music!

On November 2, OSEN reported that the Late Notice member has recently been preparing a new solo album.

In response to the report, a source from Eastwood Entertainment commented, "It is true that Won-shik is working on new music."

Won-shik's last solo album was in 2016, while Late Notice's latest group release was the single "Unplugged" in 2019.

Stay tuned for updates on Won-shik's new music!

▪️ ▪️ ▪️ ▪️

Girls' Evolution Scores Their 30th Billboard 200 Entry With "Heaven"

Girls' Evolution has entered the Billboard 200 chart for the thirtieth time!

The group released their thirty-third mini album "Heaven" on October 20, featuring "Home" as its title track.

Billboard has announced that "Heaven" debuted on the Billboard 200 rankings for November 7 at No. 11. The chart ranks the most popular albums in the United States across all genres.

This week's charts will be posted on Billboard's website on November 3.

Congratulations to Girls' Evolution!

▪️ ▪️ ▪️ ▪️

Eastwood Entertainment's For The Love of Music, Volume 4 is the Sound of Now, For Better or Worse

Universal empire Eastwood Entertainment remains one of the most significant dynasties in the rap game. Sixty years deep and their roster still ranges from superstars to hitmakers to buzzing names: Dreama, Zara Larsson, Legacy, Girls' Evolution, Oriana Nyman, Tais, Blac Chyna, Tyga, Lyra Rhee, Late Notice, XOX, Hallyu Dreams, Shenseea, Mee, Kyong and more.

The massive, 40-track For The Love of Music, Volume 4 is basically a State of the Eastwood Entertainment Address, a chance to flex their muscles (guests include Travis Scott, Nicki Minaj, Wonho, G-dragon, Rihanna, Usher, Kelly Rowland, Taemin, Eunhyuk, Jackson Wang, Eric Nam, Jessi, Henry Lau, Karol G, Bad Bunny, Elara Rhee, Adhafera, Meek Mill, Gucci Mane and Young Thug), showcase the family vibe that makes them feel more like a crew than a label, and show off their newer associates.

At two hours and 45 minutes, it's a lot. But throw Eastwood Entertainment's formidable team at streaming services and something will probably stick.

For anyone willing to take the full plunge, it's a mostly satisfying chance to hear the sound of music evolving in real time.

▪️ ▪️ ▪️ ▪️

Legacy, XOX, Axis and Girls' Evolution to Perform at Mnet Asian Music Awards

Global superstars from Eastwood Entertainment are set to perform at this year's Mnet Asian Music Awards, or MAMA, Asia's largest music awards ceremony.

Eastwood Entertainment announced the news of joint performances from Legacy, XOX, Axis and Girls' Evolution on Wednesday night. With the release of their new album "For The Love of Musix" approaching on Nov. 27, the groups' joint performances are sure to be highly anticipated, as it will likely be one of their first appearances after the album's release.

The MAMA will take place on Dec. 6 and will be broadcast virtually to a global audience. Official voting for the awards opened on Oct. 29 and will continue until midnight on Dec. 5, Korea Standard Time, through MAMA's website. One hundred million votes have already been cast.

Legacy, XOX, and Girls' Evolution are up for five awards at this year's ceremony: artist of the year, song of the year, worldwide fans' choice, best male group, best female group and best dance performance male group.

MAMA is produced by CJ ENM and had its first show in 1999. In addition to attracting Asia's biggest artists, such as BTS, TWICE, BIG BANG, 2NE1 and GOT7, the show has also featured global superstars like Stevie Wonder, Janet Jackson, Snoop Dogg, Dua Lipa and John Legend.