14. Eric Renard x f!reader || moments that kill ∆SMUT∆

Title: moments that kill

Ship: Eric Renard x f!reader

Triggers: Smut,

Characters: f!reader , Eric Renard

Wordcount: 3052

a/n: I didn't mean to make it sad but here we are. Hope y'all enjoy.

***

The castle had been quiet as of late, the life had left its walls when Eric had taken his trip almost a week ago. The other staff was still around but as usual they rarely uttered a word, especially to you.

You took care of things when he was away, a task that you could arguably do at home when he wasn't at his home but still, the castle offered a familiarity along with its loneliness, hope along with its longing. A distraction that seemingly also pushed you towards the thing that kept you otherwise distracted.

You walked down the halls, heels reverberating against the walls as you moved, deafening in the silence but also calming in its rhythm and then the rhythm stopped as your heart skipped a beat, for a moment you had surmised you were imagining it. It was too early.

There as you remember him, at his desk Eric sat flipping through pages you had left for him. Now scattered lay the tidy pile you had left.

You swallowed as you walked into the room, smile on your lips. The elation you felt was also the dagger that kept you from moving too close. You knew who he was and he knew who you were. It was a harsh game to play, turning your feelings inside out and swallowing you. You were too happy to see him, too compliant, too easy to read. You loved him but only from afar. He constantly took things too far and you reached to pick up the pieces but it made you bleed from keeping them too close.

"Eric, didn't realize you're back." Your smile reached your eyes and he couldn't help but smile back. You always had a look of pure elation when you smiled and it made the world want to join in the fun. It felt real and not too many things in his life had that essence. He loved that about you.

"I am, landed few hours ago." He replied, pen tapping against the wood of the desk a few times as he took you in. Memory didn't quite do you justice he surmised like he had done before. Nothing could compare to seeing you in the flesh.

"Well, can get you something.. coffee, tea?" Though not technically your job, it was something you'd occasionally do.

"No, I'm fine." He replied with a small shake of his head. "But I do think it's time for a break from.." he motioned to the mess scattered on his desk.

"Hmm.." you hummed in agreement. "It is quite a task, a break would be a wise choice."

"Maybe you can help with that." He raised an eyebrow and you moved closer to the desk, too eager your mind repeated. Too easy to fall to his every whim and request.

"Of course." You replied and watched him push himself up from the chair. "I am here to serve. "

"The Portland situation has gotten a little out of control." He sighed as he came to stand in front of you. "Can't think straight. I need.. a little distraction for a bit."

He cupped your cheek, thumb treading along your cheekbone. It was too soft, he was too gentle with you. Moments like these were too much as the feelings boiling within threatened to overwhelm you.

He took the papers you were holding and dropped them on his desk to join his other headaches and then paid closer attention to you. You were never like the others. You weren't one to withhold from him but unlike the others you didn't submit yourself to him, you weren't something take and disregard. There was a piece of you in everything you did that couldn't be washed away, couldn't be taken even by force. Maybe that was the difference, that he saw you as a person and not as a thing. That he thought you to be special.