Chapter 18

Louis' POV

I sighed in expiration. I've been looking for Niall but I haven't seen him since this recess in the janitor's closet.

I looked around and spotted Liam leaning against the lockers, he looked like he has been crying.

"Liam!" I called out. He turned to my direction and I saw a flash of guilt on his face.

"Have you seen Niall? We're supposed to eat lunch together" I say as I walked towards him and I saw another flash of guilt and worry on Liam's face.

"No I haven't, last time I talked to him was a recess" he said, worry and panic were obvious in his voice and I can't help but get worried either. If Liam doesn't know where Niall, Then who does?

"Zayn!" I called as soon as I saw the black quiff from the distance.

He looked at me and started walking towards me, making a pathway between people and I couldn't help but chuckle at the way Zayn manages to scare people without trying.

"What’s up?" He asked, avoiding eye contact with Liam.

"Have you seen Niall?" I asked with pleading eyes.

Zayn's eyes grew wide and he looked at Liam momentarily before grabbing and random student and slamming him against the lockers by his collar. "You know where Horan is?" he growled.

The student looked like it was going to cry but he managed to stutter "I-I saw him being carried around some guys who was being lead by Harry Styles"

And the moment we heard "Harry Styles" the blood from all three of our faces drained.

"Where did they go?" I asked this time.

"O-outside, at the b-back of the school" he said and Zayn dropped him immediately before running, followed by me and Liam.

We looked around and finally, I saw a pale body lying on the ground close to the building and as we walked towards him I felt myself weaken and scream "NIALL!"

I took in the sigh in front of me. Niall, my boyfriend, was lying on the ground, crying and he was half naked and his torso was full of bruises and burns. 

"Niall, baby" I whispered. Niall opened his eyes and my heart broke on how much in pain he is.

"L-Louis" he whispered, like he was scared.

"Its okay baby, I'm here" I said but I know it's not okay. What kind of boyfriend am I? I couldn't even come out. I couldn't even protect him.

"Louis" Zayn's voice brought me back "Don't cry now. We need to take him to the nurse"

"Y-yeah" I stuttered. I gently carried Niall on my arms, bridal style and I wanted to cry once again when I heard him groan in pain.

"I'm so sorry Niall" Liam said and I looked at him to see that he was crying. "I shouldn't have let you go on your own" he said.

"None of us should have. Don’t blame yourself Liam" Zayn said as we started walking back in the building.

Everyone gasped as soon as we entered. They eyed Niall's body and for once, the look on their faces showed how bad they felt for everything. For bullying him, calling him names when he never did anything wrong anyway.

We reached the clinic and the nurse gasped as soon as she saw the state Niall was in.

"What happened?" she asked, looking at Zayn like he was the culprit who in return, rose up both of his hands, proving that he was innocent.