Save Her...Now! (Vale's POV)

Something was wrong. It had been three hours since they had left, and they weren't back yet. Maybe I'm just worrying too much. I'm sure they are fine.

"Sir." I turned around to meet the face of one of my guards.

"What is it?" I asked. He handed me a letter with a symbol I immediately recognised.

"This arrived a few moments ago. It was addressed to you." The letter was from Mikis' family. It had their crest on the front. I ripped the letter open and carefully read it.

Dear my Love,

Given that you chose that human girl over me, I have taken matters into my own hands. I am a pureblood vampire, and you chose that GIRL over me. How dare you. Because of that, I have decided that she must disappear. So...I sent my men to take care of her. You won't have to worry about her anymore. Oh and don't try to save her. I gave them extra special weapons to use. Anyway, I will see you soon my love.

Your one and only Love.

P.S. Daddy said to return to the palace soon.

I jumped out of my seat calling for my guards. One ran into the room in a panic.

"What can I do for you my Lord?" He said bowing.

"See if you can get a hold of Asaki. If you can't let me know." I said running to my closet. In my closet was a hidden room. It's where I hide my weapons for fights. Vampires have a lot of enemies, and there are some weapons that are deadly to vampires. No it's not a wooden stake to the heart. I mean, if you stab anyone in the heart with a stake, it would kill them. But there are some weapons that are made of a special metal that is deadly to vampires, if the wound isn't treated quickly.

They are made of a metal called Grittite. The material to make them is rare, and they have to go through a certain process, before the blade is ready. They were so dangerous in the old days, when people would kill others for the fun of it, that they were banned and forbidden to be used.

If they had used one on Misaki...I have to get to her. She's a newborn, a strong one at that. The poison would be too much for her system to handle.

"ir-Sir. Sir!" Yelling brought me out of my thoughts. I looked back over to the guard.

"Asaki, isn't responding to our messages." He said.

I got up and put my jacket on. "I'm going to look for them, ready transport to the palace, and have the doctor on call." The guard nodded and walked away.

I jumped out the window, and turned into a bat. Only high level vampires can turn into bats. I flew in the direction of the mall. Once I got there, I looked for the limo.

The limo was parked by a cluster of trees that seemed to lead into a park area. I flew down and changed back, startling the driver.

"Where are the girls?" I asked.

"Lady Misaki wanted to go for a short walk, but they haven't come back yet." The driver said looking in the direction of a trail leading into the park.

"How long ago was that?"

"About 20 minutes or so sir. Is something wrong." I didn't stop to answer him, I just took off in the direction they went. I could smell a faint trace of Misaki. You could tell, it had been awhile since they passed through here. I followed the scent, and it soon became stronger.

I got to a clearing, and the sight almost made me scream. There laying face down, and blood around her was my Misaki. I looked around and found Asaki a little ways off, propped against a tree breathing heavily.

I rushed to Asaki, cause she could tell me what happened.

"What happened here?" I squatted down next to her.

"They-They attacked us. It seemed like they were after Mistress. I tried to defend her, the best I could, but one of them got to her. I was able to kill the attackers but one of them escaped." She said through grit teeth. I gave her a little of my blood so she could move.

Once that was done, I rushed over to Misaki. I gently turned her over, and gasped. There in the middle of her chest was a stab wound.

"What was she stabbed with?" I asked Asaki, rushing to stop the bleeding. Asaki came over, shaking her head.

"She was stabbed with a natural vampire blade." My eyes widened. No. No. No. Damn it.

I got up and picked up Misaki bridal style, resting her head on my shoulder. "We have to get her to the palace. I already have the doctors on stand by." Asaki nodded and followed me back to the limo, and we took off.

The drive to the palace wasn't that far from where we were. I had picked my mansion in the woods, because it was close enough to the palace, but far enough away from my advisors.

It took about ten minutes to get to the palace. The whole time, I was putting pressure on Misaki's wound, hoping to God that she would be ok. When we pulled up, I called the guards.

"Let the doctor know to have everything together, and to be ready." The guard ran off to do as I asked.

I looked down at Misaki in my arms. She looked even worse than before. Her skin was becoming an ashen color. I ran to the infirmary.

"Your majesty! You can set her down on the bed in the corner." I sat her down on the cot that had been prepared.

"Hurry up and help her!" The doctor rushed around trying to get equipment. I was not in the mood for this. He was moving too slow, and my mate's life was in trouble.

"Your majesty? She. She has slipped into a coma." The doctor said, looking up from Misaki.

She what. "What! For how long?" I said, pacing the floor. I literally just found her, and now she's in danger.

"It's hard to tell. Maybe a couple days." he said, hooking Misaki up to an IV with blood flowing through it. He couldn't really hook her up to a heart monitor, cause well, we don't have a heartbeat. I sighed and walked back to Misaki's side.

"I'll be back soon." I kissed her forehead, and walked out of the room. I gestured for a guard to come over, as I headed for my throne room.

"Yes your highness?" He said, keeping pace with me.

"Summon Miki and her father to the throne room. Immediately." He nodded and ran off. I got to the throne room and sat on my throne. I think my throne was the simplest thing here. It was just black and red with rhinestones on the top. 

I sat in my throne waiting for the two of them to show up. Miki had crossed the line. No matter how I felt about her before, this was going to far. She was so confident they would succeed that she didn't even bother to cover her tracks.