||20||

•Chapter Twenty•
Chapter One of Reasons Why I Can't Have Nice Things: I Insult Royalty
(ASGARDIAN PALACE)
REWRITTEN

*Disclaimer: My description of the Asgardian Palace is crap*

After hovering in the door way for a few more seconds, I debated following after Frigga again, nervous to approach Faline because of what I had done.  Though, it seemed I didn't get an option because Frigga motioned for me to come over.

Surprisingly, Faline didn't look all that upset.  Her eyes held the same knowing look that Frigga's had had when I apologized for frightening her.

"How far did you get?"  Faline joked softly, perhaps trying to ease my nerves.  I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Two steps into the hallway."  I admitted quietly, looking down at the floor.  Faline chuckled softly, setting her hand on my arm.

"I think you and my daughter would make quick acquaintances.  You both have a knack for testing the guards' patience." 

I looked back up at her, "I'm sorry for running." 

In truth, I was really sorry—she had been kind to me since the moment I woke up and I went and ran.  I suppose verbal communication works better then running.

"I would've done the same," Faline mused with a small shrug, "you were frightened, I can not hold that against you." 

A small smile crossed her lips as she pulled her hand back from my arm.  I warily smiled back at her before I shifted my gaze to Frigga, my eyes nearly pleading her to let me go to Loki.  I apologized to the nice lady, please let me see my bro—

"Come, my dear."  Frigga chuckled softly before her tone lowered, "let me see what I can do.  My husband is quite stubborn and I do not agree with his action to lock up my youngest son." 

***

The palace was absolutely gorgeous—and I don't use that word often.

The floors were insanely smooth and almost crystalline; shimmering from the light pouring in from the open walkways and halls. Towering arches made up the ceilings and the hallways were lined with massive golden doors. And then came the open walkways that passed large courtyards. Some contained gardens, filled with hundreds of vibrant flowers and the sound of birds; others radiated the sounds of metal against metal as swords clashed together.

Those courtyards were filled with people practicing sword fighting and I would have stopped to watched if my brother wasn't being held captive. Finding Loki was first on my priority list and I could always come back to watch—or at least I hope.

Soon, we found ourselves standing in front of another golden door but this one was much larger then the others. It reached up to nearly touch the ceiling and was engraved with beautiful swirls and symbols. Two guards were posted outside—one on each side—and they both acknowledged Frigga with curt bow of their heads. She waved her hand, quickly dismissing the action, before turning to me.

"When we enter," Frigga began, "if you wish to be allowed to see your brother, please do not speak unless you are spoken too. I do not want my husband dismissing you before I get a chance to convince him."