Part twenty one

The sun was barely up but Keena found herself jumping from bed and changing into her leathers. Cassian met her on the stairs frowning.

"I'm going with you to the townhouse, I want to see her."

"This isn't a social call, Kee. There's been another attack."

"The priestesses?" She asked, her excitement dissipating. He nodded slowly.

They were locked out. Cassian growled in frustration as Azriel landed beside them. Cassian banged his fist against the door impatiently.
"Hurry up, you lazy ass."

She elbowed Cassian in the side. He continued banging his fist against the glass door.

Keena moved so she was standing against the wall, shielded from the wind by Azriel's large wings.

"Morning Az, do you have some top secret information to share, like dad?"

"No, I willingly dragged myself out of bed this early without breakfast for fun," he said with a completely straight face.

"Funny. Now that I'm officially free, can I scout the borders with you tomorrow?" He nodded soundlessly, drifting back into his shadows.

"If you're going to pick a fight with him, do it after breakfast," the ancient voice sent shivers down Keena's spine as it did ever time she heard the woman speak.

"I wasn't the one who hauled me out of bed just now to fly down here," Cassian snarled before tacking on "busybody," under his breath.

"...if they keep banging on the door like children," Rhysand called from inside where he was talking to Feyre.

"You know we can hear you, prick," Cassian shouted as his fist came down again.

"Bad word," she held out her hand expecting the falling coin.
"Rhys, it's cold out here." She called, putting on her best act.

"Then come inside, you can winnow," he responded. She smirked at the others with a salute before winnowing into the parlour.

"Good morning, Rhys." She nudged past Feyre and stepped into his arms.
"Dad's getting impatient, you might need to save Azriel."

"Will do, princess. Get some food before we let in the dogs. Take a nap on the couch while you're at it, you look like you haven't slept." He examined the bags under her eyes as they pulled away.

"Will do, Captain. And good morning Feyre, sorry you're stuck with him. My house is better, more fun."

"Technically it's my house, you live there."

"Still more fun than this place, I'm not even allowed to use my powers here anymore." She frowned.

"That's because you hit your tree with your lightning and it took down the back of the house."

Feyre looked between the two, wanting to smile at their playful banter.

"Dad took out a building in Summer, an entire building, not just one little wall."

"It wasn't," he paused for a breath, "go eat your food, it's too early for this." She began to skip towards the dining room, calling back if he wanted coffee.

"I'll make sure it's black and cold, just the way you like it."

He laughed at her before turning back to Feyre.
"Secondly," he began, the mask covering his face once more.

"You can't wear that for dinner," Mor said as she met  Keena at the top of the stairs. Feyre was going to be at the house of wind to be officially introduced to the circle, even though everyone had already heard about her for months as Rhysand moped.