Chapter 6: Somebody Help Me!

***** Disclaimer, This chapter has acts of sexual activity, and violence, reader discretion is advised *********

The door opened to Room 13, Randall and Jackie proceeded to walked in with caution. "Oh my god." Randalls jaw dropped

It wasn't the room Randall was expecting to walk into a few moments earlier... and it was much different inside than he remembered. At this point, Randall hasn't seen the room since he smacked his head off the cinder block leaving him blacked out on the asphalt in the parking lot.

    The room smelled old and musty, the ceiling stained yellow from years of cigarette smoke, and the wallpaper now a faded green and gold color, with tears and mild water damage. A laundry basket sat in the closet overflowing with soiled clothes. Empty cigarette packages scattered the nightstand and filled the garbage can beside the desk. A ton of manuscripts littered the outside edges of the walls, beside the desk they were five feet high —nearly touching the ceiling. There was a nice little living area with a tv, It was the only tidy place in the room beside the bed.

    "So you really are an author aren't you," Jackie says after seeing the piles of manuscripts around the room.

    Randall grabs one of the manuscripts from the wall, blows the dust off, and reads the title.
"Beckys Game, Written by Randall Hawke." He squints his eyes and looks over at Jackie suspiciously.

    "Is this some kind of experiment or joke? are you in on this? you gotta tell me if you are, I mean... it's not funny. Is there cameras setup in here or something to watch this all unfold?"

    "To be honest with you I'm not part of whatever you think is going on."
Jackie says as she lights a cigarette.

    Randall took another good look around the room, spotting a few more things that weren't there before. A beautiful polaroid picture of his family all together. His ex-wife Winona with her short brown hair, wearing large gold frame glasses, and acid wash jeans. His adorable daughter Juniper in a blue dress and a unicorn headband, and next to her was Randall, appearing a bit disoriented. The words I MISS YOU, were written on the bottom of the polaroid in black sharpie. Randall picked up the photo and had a moment.

    "This wasn't here when I left, trust me, even if I was completely piss-faced I wouldn't forget about this."

    "look I don't know what to tell you, I wish I had the answers, I really do, I mean it's pretty messed up how this wasn't here before.
    Jackie put the song lucky blade by the Jacuzzi boys on her phone and starts to dance.

    "Let's talk about something else, how about the books? these are cool, you could be sitting on gold here," Jackie says he she picks up a manuscript skims through it. It all ends here the title reads.

    "The manuscripts, I don't even know what these books are, I haven't written them yet, they were ideas, They WERE FUCKING IDEAS!,WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON! The cigarette packs... are you serious, I just got here TODAY. I am only staying ONE NIGHT and ONE NIGHT ONLY."

    "It's okay, it's a blessing, you can use this stuff."

    Randall with rising anxiety grabbed Jackie at her shoulders and started to shake her, with each word he gave her a jolt.
"Why... is... this... happening? Why don't you believe me?

    "look, I believe what you're saying, but I also think it could be the drugs." The only thing on Jackies agenda for the night was to get laid and it wasn't going so well Jackie grabbed Randalls hands and put them on her ass.
"This usually helps people take their mind off things." Jackie gently rests her finger over Randalls lips. "Shhhhh... relax"