❤Chapter 1❤

I drug my last overstuffed suitcase down the stairs to Kenzy's Mustang, stuffing it in with the rest. "Hurry up! We have to go soon!" Kenzy yells from the driver's seat.

"Give me one minute to say goodbye to my parents and I'll be ready," I called over my shoulder as I jogged back to the house.

"Oh! My baby's growing up!" My mom cooed through the tears welling up in her eyes. I hugged her and kissed her forehead before turning to my dad. "I love you, and I'll miss you, sweetie," my dad said giving me a hug. "Love you, and before you even start, I promise I'll stay away from drugs, alcohol, weapons, and anything else that might endanger my grades," I promised before they could get another word in I hurried out blowing them kisses over my shoulder and waving bye.

Climbing in the car, I blew out a breath thankful to be away from my overprotective parents. "That bad?" Kenzy asked. "I had to run out of there," was my only reply.

We rode in silence to the hotel that was about four hours out of Lawrence, New York, our home town. "Let's crash here tonight and we can get back on the road bright and early tomorrow." I nodded in agreement and we walked into the hotel to book a room.

We got the key and headed up to our room. I took a shower, put my pajamas on, and went to bed. Kenzy followed not long after.

I was woke up the next morning by Kenzy shaking me telling me to get up. I grunted and rolled over. "Get up you hippo. We have to go," she huffed trying to get me up. "Fine. I'm getting up," I grumbled sitting up. "You have thirty minutes or I'm leaving you," Kenzy informed me from the bathroom.

I just waved her off and grabbed an outfit off the top of my bag. Did I mention that I am not a morning person. If I didn't I think you could have guessed anyway.

I half walked half dragged myself into the bathroom and got dressed. By the time I returned I was fully awake. I stood in front of the small mirror on the wall and pulled my light brown hair up and applied some eyeliner and mascara around my bright blue eyes along with some light lip gloss.

I stuffed my pajamas in my bag and grabbed the rest of my stuff. We left the room at about seven o'clock and were on the road again by quarter after seven.

"So who are you rooming with?" Kenzy asked me. "All I know is that her name is Ashton and the rent was cheap," I said leaning back. "What about you?" I asked opening one eye to look at her. "Don't know yet. They just sent me the key," she shrugged with her eyes trained on the road.

We took turns driving until we arrived at the apartments at about three thirty in the afternoon. "I'll pick you up at ten thirty tomorrow, so we can get to our classes on time," Kenzy called waving as she pulled off.

I drug my bags into the lobby and headed to the elevator. When I had finally dragged all my bags in, I pressed the button for the fifth floor. A few seconds later the doors opened and I pulled all my bags out.

The apartment was the second one on the right. I unlocked the door and pulled my things inside. The door led to a short hall that had one door leading off to the left.

The walls were a light blue and marble like flooring led to a large living space. The walls were the same light blue color, but the flooring changed to a thick, soft white carpet.

Branching off from there I could see a large kitchen and another hall.

"Hello! Is anyone here?" I called from the living room. I heard some shuffling coming from the hall. A few seconds later a tall, tan guy stepped into the room from the hall.

He had long dirty blond hair that flopped in his eyes, almost covering them. His eyes were a bright blue that reminded me of the ocean and ice at the same time.

He had a strong jaw and bold features. His arm were large, probably from working out, and he had a strong build.

"Are you done checking me out yet, babe?" He asked snapping me out of my thoughts. I felt my face and neck heat up, and I tilted my head so that he couldn't see my face.

"Hi I'm Cassie. Is Ashton here or will she be here soon?" I asked hoping to get away from mystery man over here. He busted out laughing. Not the "laugh so hard you can't breath" laugh but the "rolling on the floor, clapping like a seal on drugs" kind of laugh.

"I don't see what's so funny," I stated confused. He finally calmed down and caught his breath after a minute or so. "You thought I was a girl! Ha! You were so clueless! I don't know if I should be offended or not," He managed between laughs. I just stood there with my mouth dropped open.
_______________________________________

OK guys this is the first book I'm writing only on wattpad so the updates are going to be few and far between, but pleases stick with me and tell me what you think. I would love it if you would leave some comments about things that would help make it better along with tell your friends. I think that's all for now.
Later peeps
- Cate