Darkness: the beginning

Day 13 - 2nd April 2027

That day, I met Leo in front of my house. After I opened the door, we entered. Leo was calm. He didn't say anything. „I wanted to thank you for sharing your food with me. Normally, I don't talk to anyone, but you are different somehow." He said to me and sniffed at me. „You even smell different than the others." Leo said. He was obviously fascinated by it. „Could you please stop sniffing at me. You are not an animal." I said to him. „It is funny that you said that. A girl who walks on her hands. Like a monkey." He countered. I looked down. He was right. I had been standing on my fists and feet again. I must have slipped somewhere. Because of my problems with coordination, I have always had problems with walking upright. That was one of the reasons why I had problems with the other humans. Another reason was that it was hard for me to speak to other people. But now that I had friends, it had become better. I now know that I was probably autistic. I have had the diagnosis because of my parents, which always wanted me to be a girl that wears a dress and make up and so on. When I did not match their expectations, they tried to search for the reasons. Now that they have vanished, I feel more free than ever before. I felt some kind of connection to Leo. So as if he was the only one who could understand me. Leo suddenly pulled me back into this world. „I have to go now. Can we meet again tomorrow?" He said. „Yes of course. Why not?" I said and Leo went out of the house. When I had closed the door, I suddenly felt observed and when I looked out, I saw the boy with the black mask again. I saw his long black cape, which was wet with rainwater. Suddenly, probably because I had seen him, he vanished in an alley and did not come back.

Day 14 -3rd April 2027

Leo came back the next day, as he promised. He knocked at the door and I let him in. He had a black umbrella, which he put into his jacket when he entered. I closed the door behind him. "Hello Alice." He said. "As I see you still have problems with walking." As he said that, I saw that I had fallen to the ground again. I was now standing on my feet as well as my fists. "You are still my little ape girl." He said and smiled at me. I was kneeling on the ground. „I can show you your full strength. You have a hidden power, which was sealed away within you. Come to the fountain at the great place this evening. This is our last meeting I will soon go home. My mission is over now." When I arrived at the fountain of the great place, it was not Leo who waited for me, but the boy with black mask. "Today, I will train you so that you can unleash your true potential." He said. "Concentrate on the power you want. Concentrate on the things you feel." The boy with the black mask added. I concentrated on all the anger and all the injustice I had experienced. Suddenly, my body was bulging with energy. My hands and arms were getting bigger. I felt my muscles all over my body growing and I landed on all fours. Short after that, my clothes were torn to pieces and I saw that my arms were now covered with yellow fur. "Now that is an appropriate body for a little ape girl like you." The boy with the black mask said. "Now you can transform back." He said after that. I breathed deeply and my body transformed back. After that, he sent me back home.

Day 15 - 4th April 2027

Tundra in Sweden.

Björn woke up. The snowstorm had stopped. His whole body hurt, but his back stopped bleeding. He got up and took off his clothes soaked in blood. Now his upper body was freezing, but as long as he kept moving, he might be okay. Benni was still missing. So he had to be prepared for the worst. In that case he would have to do everything he could to survive and one day drag the Black Raven to court. Suddenly he stood in front of Benni's car. Benni lay beside it. His back was slit open and his body was frozen. Björn now realized how lucky he had been. A few centimeters lower and he would be dead now, just like Benni. That the scratches were not as deep as his partner's was only due to the fact that he had hurled himself quickly down the slope when he was attacked from above. He searched the car of his frozen partner. He found nothing in it. Someone must have removed the evidence his partner had found. It was getting dark. He needed a place to stay. So he got in his car and drove to the next town. But the car was out of gas. He would probably have to spend the night in it.