Story 5: Love isn't a word in my vocabulary

I skateboarded my way through the woods, today is the first time I go to the mall by myself. I'm eleven years old and I'm a vampire. My mother was human and my father a vampire. My mother and father died a few years ago from a rouge vampire attack. I go to a day school, because I haven't got my fangs in yet.

My adopted father and mother is the owner of the private school I go to. It is a school for vampires and humans, the humans are made up mostly of rich girls and few boys but they go to day school. The vampires go to night school but not because the sun buns them, the sun irritates their eyes and causes them headaches.

Most of the teachers and students don't know about vampires, but some do. I walked up to the mall, it has a skate park in the back, restaurants, a club, clothes store, EVERYTHING! Even a grocery store, we only get stuff there that we can't get from the market like cereal and stuff.

I walked to the mall and looked up to see kids my age skateboarding. I have one at home and it is my life, I live for skateboarding. I LOVE the thrill, the adrenalin it is amazing! I picked up my skateboard and put into my backpack.

That was when I noticed a girl smiling at me. What the heck is her problem? The girl walked up to me, she had bright blue eyes and long blonde hair, and she had pale skin and a big smile.

'Hi my name is Emma. Do you like skateboarding?'  She asked. I nodded my head but didn't say anything.

'Do you wanna come to the skate park with me?' she asked. I did have some time on my hands so why not?

'Sure' I said. She looked like she was waiting for me to talk.

'Can you tell your name?' she asked.

'When I know you better I'll tell you my name but otherwise just call me girl.' I said. I don't like people knowing my name because they might look me up online, go ahead call me paranoid, I'm not... I'm just cautious that's all. She shook it off and led me to a department store.

'Why are we going in here' I asked her confused. She smiled and looked at what I was wearing.

'My dad owns this store, I want you to wear or model in a sense of the new clothes that are coming in for girl skateboarders. In agree my dad will pay for all your clothes and entrance into the skate park, deal.' she said. She was all business talk and wouldn't take no for an answer you could tell that much.

'Fine' I said and she smiled. She walked up to a man and pointed at me. He looked at me like I was his prey. He went to the back and grabbed some clothes and gave them to me.

'These look about your size go try these on.' the man said. I nodded my head and went to a dressing room. I pulled out my phone and dialed my mom's number. She picked up on the second ring.

'Hello' my mum's soft voice filled my ear; even if she wasn't my real mom I knew she loved to hear me say it.

'I found a friend and she asked me to skateboard with her, she said her dad would pay for it if I sponsored, or something like that, his clothing for girls for skateboarding. So can I?' I said rushing the entire thing out.

'Of course as long as you don't except money from him and the clothing MUST be appropriate! Other than that okay sweetie.' She said.

'You better be home before seven though, understand.' she said in her serious tone.

'Yes mum thanks!' I hung up and got changed. I looked in the mirror and DANG did I look hot! I was wearing black skinnies that had scratch marks and rips on my knees. The shirt was hot pink and the sleeves were ripped out, it had music notes, skateboards and skulls on it, it was so cool! I found some black gloves that had holes for my fingers. I put on my helmet and grabbed my skateboard and walked out.

Emma and her father's jaw dropped when they saw me, and I simply smirked at them. I had most of my hair in my helmet so my hair was about up to my chin.

'Ready?' I asked them and they snapped out of their trance.

'Did you- your hair?' Emma asked big eyed.

'It's all in my helmet.' I said and she had a devious smile on her face. I knew she was up to something no doubt. We walked to the skate park and Emma's dad had me posed and took some pictures. A lot of boys were staring at me but ignored it; Emma's dad went to put all the pictures on his computer because his memory card was full.

When he left all the boys rushed to Emma. I got up and picked up my skateboard and went down the half pipe, I did a few moves and I grinded as I finished. I went to get some water and noticed it was quiet. I looked up and everyone was staring at me like I had a second head. I looked at the time and it was about 6 o'clock.

'Emma I gotta go my mum is gonna kill me if I'm not home on time. She nodded her head and I grabbed my backpack, I felt someone grab my hand. It was a boy around my age had blue eyes and dark brown hair and caramel skin color.

'What's your name girl?' he asked.

'That's for me to know and you to never find out.' With that I left him and everyone else stunned there watching me silently. I ran to the grocery store inside the mall to get the stuff I came for. When I finished paying I was about to leave when about seven of the kids from the skate park bumped into me. Emma was in front closer to me.

'Hey girl, I was wondering if you would like to join the skateboarding team, I'm the leader and would love for you to be on my team.' She said smiling at me. I took out my phone, 6:28PM; I was going to be late home at this rate.

'No.' I said and walked past the group. Emma was shocked and ran back up to me.

'WHY? YOU'RE AMAZING!' everyone said in unison with Emma.

'No thanks.' I said walking past them again, I was almost out when they all ran in front of me and blocked my way out. I clenched my teeth getting irritated.

'PLEASE!' they all yelled at me.

'FINE BUT I"LL COME WHEN I CAN!' I yelled at them. They all started jumping around; if Emma smiled any bigger I think her lips are going to eat up her face.

'Give me your phone.' she said and I gave it up not willing to fight, she put in her number and was about to pass it on to another girl when I snatched it and ran.

'SORRY I GOTTA GO HOME!!!' I yelled. I grabbed my skateboard and started going as fast as I could so I wouldn't be late. I got to the school ONE MINUTE before seven.

I gave my mom the stuff she needed and I went to my room. I heard a knock on my door.

'Come in Shane!' I yelled to my foster brother. He was the one who found me when my parents had died. He was attacked by vampires too but when he was around seven. He is turning into a vampire, for people that are turning it is a long and painful so he must endure it. He hated me when he found out I was a vampire but softened when I told him I was only half. I mean It's not like I had a choice.

I gained his trust over the years and he doesn't see me as a vampire, he says I'm the only vampire he will never hate. I don't see him as a brother but more like a best friend.

'You okay?' he asked with a worried expression. I got up and gave him a hug.

'Yes, and I'm sorry I haven't called are you okay?' I asked him. He nodded his head.

'I just came to say good night and mom said food is ready.' He said.

'Can you tell her I'm not hungry and that I'm going to turn in early today?' I said and he looked shocked.

'You're going to sleep early! Who are you and what have you done to the I Jay know?' he said completely serious. I laughed at him and he smiled to, Shane smiling was a rare sight even if he was with me. He would never smile if I wasn't there with him is what everyone tells me. He gave me a hug and walked out the room.

I looked at my phone and looked at the text I just got.

Grl,

U better cme 2 practice at 9PM 2morow!

Emma <3

I closed my phone, should I really go tomorrow?