Chapter 19: Exposed Secrets.

This is unedited, please excuse the mistakes. Also, I know there are some things that make no sense, I plan on changing that as soon as I am done writing this book. For now, the main objective is to finish this, after I'm done, I will go into heavy editing mode.

CHAPTER NINETEEN

You can’t run away, Mary. You can’t escape me.

That sentence is on repeat and with each repetition, my fear of the owner grows stronger.

Abomination. That’s why they call you. Why not show them what a real abomination can do?

“Stop it!” I cover my ears and scream. That voice is so familiar, I try to sift through my memories to find its owner but all I get in response is a dull ache stopping me from searching further. “Please.” I plead now. “Please just stop. Leave me alone.”

You don’t have much time. I will claim you when it is right. This is your destiny. You were born to be my vessel.

“No! I was born to find Frost! I can’t be your vessel, whatever you are!” I shout using whatever force of energy I have to push out this voice and block it. “Leave!” I shout once more, my voice raising with power and authority as the words leave my lips and echo in the air around me.

I wake up. Raising my fingers to rub the sleep away.

“Dear lord. What was that?” I snap my head to my left and see Katarina in all her glory sitting by my bedside, eyeing me curiously. “What are you?”

“Y-You saw that?” She nods slowly, her long loose golden curls slowly swaying with the movement of her head. Her eyes asking me the same question her lips did moments ago. “I don’t know, your majesty. I don’t know.” I say once more, pinching my left arm with as much pressure as I can manage. “I’m awake. I’m fully awake.” I breathe, relief washing over me.

“Child, you aren’t like Maria. She doesn’t have dreams like you do. Did Rhea mix up the spell that was supposed to create you?” She asks, her red lips forming a flat line. Her sapphire eyes are searching my scarlet ones. She wants answers.

“No. She didn’t. I don’t exactly know why I have these dreams, when I first met Frost, he told me he asked Rhea to restore my memory when I dream but since Rhea had activated whatever it was in my subconscious for me to see these memories in my dreams, I’ve been seeing a lot more than just my memories as Maria.”

Katarina searches my face for some kind of indication to see if I’d been lying and when she finds nothing, she sighs. “You pass.”

I blink back surprised. “I pass?”

“The test. You’re worthy enough. You don’t have any negative intentions regarding Frost and I’m not sure if you’re good enough to be queen but I shall trust Frost’s judgment on that matter, for now.”

“But how did you—“

“Your mind. When you were sleeping, I was searching your thoughts to see if they were pure and then I stumbled upon that peculiar dream. So far, your thoughts, they’re pure but that dream tells me there’s more to you and your existence than I’d realize. No matter.” She says clearing away the thought from her mind, “We will cross that bridge when we come to it. As for now, I expect a wedding to happen soon.”

“Wait. What?”

Katarina looks at me surprised. “I told you the other day, did I not? Failure means death. Success means marriage. One of these things will come to pass, whether you like it or not. I will not have my son take your feelings into consideration if it will cost him his crown. Marry him or leave. It’s simple.”