Chapter 7: Possible Feelings

"Love awakens and enhances all of your senses."--Annonymous

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Zach~

I was walking in a dark and gloomy passageway that reminded me of the one in the Fabiano's library, but the only difference is there are no torch lights on either side of me. The only light that shone was from the end of the passageway. Suddenly, I heard a loud, piercing scream. I followed the sound as I reached the end of the passageway, I stared in horror at the sight before me. Rose was hanging from the ceiling by a rope tied around her wrists. Her eyes were shut but I could see tears falling on her blood stained cheeks. Blood was dripping from her wrists from the tight ropes and was rolling down her arms, soaking her already bloody shirt.

"Rose!" I screamed and ran towards her. Someone pushed me from behind and I fell on the wet ground. I wiped the dripping water off my face and opened my eyes to find myself in the plane with various faces staring at me.

Thank God that was just a dream. It felt so real though...

I glanced at Ian and saw that he was holding an empty cup. He must've splashed me.

"Why were you screaming Rose's name?" Jessica asked quietly, as if afraid I might start screaming again.

"Bad dream," I mumbled, embarrassed. Rose was staring at me intently and I wondered if she could read my mind. And yes, mind reading is possible. The CIA lab geeks have been developing a little machine for it. I saw a prototype once and it looked pretty awesome.

"Anyway, where's the next remote?" I interrupted. Everyone began talking at once as if a conversation had already began before I started screaming.

"Well, Rose 'as already destroyed ze first remote we got," Claire said. "She just smashed eet with an 'ammer and burned ze parts."

"Sounds technical." I rolled my eyes.

"But as I was disassembling it I found a tiny picture." Rose ignored me and held up a small piece of paper. We all huddled close to her and examined the picture. In the picture was a statue of a man with his arms spread out. Next to him was a bridge with water underneath. What the hell? What kind of idiot would put this inside the remote of a bomb? I glanced at the others and knew that they were thinking the same thing.

"I think it's a clue to where the next remote is," Rose said slowly, her foreheard creasing slightly.

Everyone was silent for a moment as each contemplated our next destination.

"Brazil!" Jessica suddenly exclaimed, making us all jump.

Matt sighed and said, "Jess, I know you've always wanted to go there, but with the world--"

"No, no," she waved her hand airily and turned to Rose. "I've seen the statue of a man with his arms spread out in one of the books I read. It's a major landmark in Rio de Janeiro, which is in Brazil. And I'm sure that the bridge in the picture was the Rio Niteroi Bridge in Brazil. It all makes sense!"

"You're right," Rose nodded, a smile spreading across her face. "I remember Mr. Smith talking about it in World History!" She turned to her brother and said, "Tell the pilot to head back East towards Brazil."

He nodded and slipped out of the room. Rose turned to us and said, "But where exactly in Brazil is the remote at?"

"I'm guessing it's in an important place seeing as the last one was in the White House," Eddie said and his fingers immediately flew over his laptop.