Chapter eleven

I DID NOT EDIT THIS CHAPTER!!!!!!!!! If you see any mistakes please let me know. I did not edit this because I wanted to publish it as soon as possible. Okay enjoy!

___________________________________

Tony was in his workshop, like always, working on his suit when Pepper came up to him. She was hoping to talk to him about what he was doing, and why he shouldn't be risking his life. He heard her heels clicking as she walked towards him. He turned around and put down the tools he was using on his suit. "Hey. You busy? You mind if I send you on an errand?" Pepper sighed and put her hands on her hip awaiting the instructions. "I need you to go to my office. You're going to hack into the mainframe and you're going to retrieve all the recent shipping manifests." Tony picked up a box and pulled out a flash drive. "This is a lock chip. This'll get you in."

Pepper looked at what was in her hand. "It's probably under Executive Files..." Tony walked over to one of his computers and got back to working on his suit as he continued, "If not, they put it on a ghost drive, in which case you need you need to look for the lowest numeric heading."

"And what do you plan to do with this information if I bring it back here?" She questioned.

"Same drill. They've been dealing under the table and I'm going to stop them. I'm gonna find my weapons and destroy them."

"Tony," Pepper scoffed and looked down, "You know that I would help you with anything. But I cannot help you if you're going to start all this again."

"There is nothing except this. There's no art opening. There is no benefit. There is nothing to sign" He raised his voice at the end and turned back to his assistant. "There is the next mission and nothing else."

"Is that so?" Pepper bit her lip and nodded at her boss. "Well, then, I quit." She there the lock chip down on a cart in front of her and started to walk away. Tony looked at he in disbelief.

"You stood by my side all these years while I reaped the benefits of destruction. And now that I'm trying to protect the people that I put in harms way, you're going to walk out?"

"You're going to kill yourself, Tony. I'm not going to be apart of it." She turned back to her now 'ex- boss'. Her voice cracking slightly as she teared up.

"I shouldn't be alive," Tony plopped down on a chair and picked at his fingers. "unless it was for a reason. I'm not crazy, Pepper. I just finally know what I have to do." Tony's eyes teared up a bit as he look at her. "And I know in my heart that it's right."

Pepper exhaled and walked back over to the carte she threw the chip down on. She picked it up and held it in the palm of her hand. "You're all I have, too, you know." Tony smiled, "You're all she has, too. So don't do anything stupid."

"Who?"

"Stephanie." 

___________________

When Pepper got to Tony's office she immediately got to work. She sat down at his desk and a turned on the computer. Once it was on she reached into he bag and pulled out the lock chip that Tony gave her. She plugged it into the USB port and shortly after an alert popped up. 

Warning!

Security Breach

Pepper rubbed her lips together as the lock chip did its work. And only a couple seconds later her access was granted. She started to look through the companies different drives and files until she found the 'Ghost drive' that Tony was talking about. The drive opened up a bunch of confidential folders.

She opened the first file, Sector_004. A shipping folder. She closed out of the file.

She opened the second file, another Sector_004, so another shipping folder. She did the same thing with this one.