Chapter Eleven

Satoshi ignored the way Loki was growling, or maybe it was a hissing, he was after all a mouse, at the newest name confirmed addition to the team. Penny, who was oblivious to the Electric Types displeasure, with her head peeking out, was gazing curiously at the big world around her which use to scare her from the safety of his front jacket pocket.

Originally neither Loki nor Ignis took kindly to the rat staying in his pocket. However the difference in his partner's and starter's personality, and nature quickly revealed itself. Ignis had, while originally irritated with the rat, quickly discovered how naive and oblivious the little thing was and seemed to have taken her as a younger sibling.

Loki, however, even after this discovery, was still just as displeased and annoyed at the pest as he had originally. Satoshi didn't mind either, if Ignis had been acting this way he would have assumed the Pokémon was jealous at the care the little rat was receiving but this wasn't Ignis but rather Loki. While his partner was indeed a bit jealous, he also knew that he held the highest place in Satoshi's mind. Instead he was displeased that they'd both fallen to the little rat's cuteness and couldn't bare to return the little thing, especially when they both knew just how risky it was when the rat hadn't been cleaned by a professional.

Loki also knew that the risk was even greater for him, his body already originally sickly on top of the years of abuse. Even know that he got away and his body was given enough time to heal, he'd never be as healthy as the average person. And despite them both knowing this they still lost to the cute innocent childish look in the rat's eyes. So in reality, Loki was showing both his own displeasure as well as his, but there was nothing that could be done.

Satoshi sighed, he'd always liked cute things it was really the only reason he'd noticed Yellow long enough to remember her name despite only meeting her once. He never thought it'd  lead to him putting himself at risk though. Still he didn't think it would change how much he liked cute things.

Having already accepting that he'd lost to it, he turned his attention back towards the area around them. He'd accidentally fallen asleep the previous day when he'd told himself he'd keep watch. Loki had turned a blind eye to it this time as well, they both knew it made since he'd already exhausted himself even if he had ignored it. That long rest however, which still chilled him that somehow nothing had attacked them, had energized them all.And despite the extra energy, he was starting to think they'd never make to out of this forest.

He didn't mind being stuck for another two days or so he'd long been accustomed to having long breaks between meals. However, he was running out of Pokémon food. While the Berries he'd been collecting would satisfy them for a while, they needed real food which would give them everything they needed to stay healthy, instead of just alive.

He stared down at the stupid map he could barely read. According to it there was a river that if followed downstream would pass right next to the road of Route One. Unfortunately, he couldn't hear anything over the loudness of the woods.

"Pika pi." Loki gestured to the water bottle hanging loosely in a holder on his backpack. He gave a nod of confirmation as he slipped an Oran Berry to the hungry mouth in his jacket pocket. He slowed his steps, still keeping a close eye on the wandering Ignis, as the small mouse turned on his shoulder.

Click. Both he and Loki jumped a bit at the sound of the click of the straw flicking open on the water bottles cap. Ignis noticing their slight scare waddled over, extremely clumsy on his stubby legs.

Feeling the little arms of his starter grab his pants he glanced down and rubbed its head, enjoying the warmth reaching though his fingerless black gloves. In his distraction, Loki started to nuzzle his cheek sending a comfortable shock through him.