Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I couldn’t stay in there any longer. I would have gone insane, listening to them constantly bickering at each other. I just needed to breath, even if only for little while. I was heading down the side of the narrow road with trees shadowing along the side as the sun slowly beckoned down until it was night fall. I kept going, not caring where too.

I began to hesitate when I heard a loud grumble followed along with a bang on the side of the car. As I walked closer I found he was surprisingly tall under the moon light compared to my 5’6 frame. He stood almost a head taller than me. His head shot up when my foot collided with a lonely stone. When he looked in my direction pain and sorrow was written upon his face.

He stepped forward and then took another towards me. In under a blink of an eye he was in front of me. He moved so fast I had trouble processing the movement I staggered backward. He followed my movement and gripped my forearms, stopping my fall and causing me to blush wildly. When I regained my balance, his hands never left my arms.

“Are you okay?”He asked while boring into my eyes as if trying to search through my mind of thoughts. As he looked in to my eyes I looked in to his. They were a unique shade I had never seen before. Around the iris were a bright shade of ocean blue but as the color moved farther it began to change to a dark muddy brown. I broke eye contact to gaze around his full face. He had devilishly long brown almost black hair that waved down to his ears. Along his jaw he had stubble that made him seem almost rugged.  And his full lips that seemed blood red compared to his pale cream skin.

When I brought my gaze back to meet his, he raised an eyebrow and smirked asking “Charmed?”

“What? I, n-no!” I answered looking away embarrassed to be caught checking him out.

“And I’m fine” I said locking eye contact once again. I tried to pull away from his grip, but his hands stayed stone in place making me blush even more.

“Could you let go now?” I asked.

He loosened his hold but only to bring one hand up to place his thumb below my ear and his fingers upon my neck sending cold tingles down my spine.

“You know you shouldn’t really do that. It drives me mad.”  

“Do what?” I questioned.

“Blush, it’s too cute.”

“C-can you please move your hand?”I stuttered out helplessly.

“Why, is it making you, what’s the word, nervous?” he asked as I watched him trail his fingers down my neck and across my collar bone. His hands were stone cold like ice. I couldn’t help but shiver as he moved and he must have noticed because his face became rigid as hands stopped suddenly and gripped my shoulder with such force I yelped in surprise.

“Don’t you know what I am?” He questioned.

I was about to answer but he cut me off. Locking eyes with mine as his grip on my shoulder strengthened its hold and a small tear of fear leaked out and slipped down my face in shock.

“No you couldn’t, you’re just a mere human.” he began and looked away.

“A monster that’s what I am. I kill people, for my own satisfactory.” I let out a small gasp in shock at his words. And a small smile came to play on his face, with glistening white peaking through.

“Let go. You’re hurting me.” I finally managed to say.

“Down worry you’ll be fine.” He stated looking back at me straight in the eyes.