chapter eight

both of their eyes widened, and hinata's face turned red.

realizing what he just said, hinata tried to apologize.

"oh my god- i did not just say that- i'm so sorry for being gross a-"

"do you really think that?" tobio interrupted.

hinata's eyes widened, and he nodded.

"i think you're amazing."

they both sat up, and stared at each other.
breaking the silence, tobio immediately kissed him.
the other boy's eyes snapped shut, as he wrapped his arms around his neck and scooted onto his lap.

they both knew they wanted that.
they were kissing for a while, until they heard knocking on the door.

hinata immediately jumped off of the setter's lap and went to go open the door.

it was the captain.
"hey guys! just checking in on you two to see if you're comfortable and doing okay!"

"yup! we're great!" hinata said smiling.

"well that's good to hear. good night!" daichi closed the door and went back to his room.

hinata opened the door again and went outside.

"where are you going?" tobio was confused.

"wanna come with?" the other boy replied.

"...sure"

as soon as they had gotten to the pool, hinata stopped and sat down. the setter did the same.

it was silent for a while until the ginger spoke up

"hey kageyama?"

"yeah?"

"do you like...actually like me? like that? is that why you kissed me?"

"if i didn't like you, I wouldn't have."

"oh. well that's good." hinata smiled. "i've liked you a lot for a while now."

tobio blushed.

"that's why i started crying during that argument of ours. i thought you hated me, and i didn't want that. since..i like you. if you don't mind telling me, why were you mad in the first place?"

"well- erm. y'know how you rejected suzuki?"

"you know about that? and yes."

"yeah. i saw her crying and i asked her what had happened. she kinda explained everything to me and she told me you had your eyes on somebody else. i guess i was just heartbroken and jealous."

"oh. well now you know who that somebody else is." hinata smiled.

"yeah." tobio smiled.

they looked at each other for a long time, and as soon as they were leaning in to kiss again, they heard someone go "ahem."

the two looked up and saw tanaka and nishinoya. they were grinning like idiots.

oh god. tobio thought.

"hey..erm..how long have you two been here?" hinata said.

"we heard the whole thing." nishinoya said with that big stupid grin still plastered on his face.

"don't worry we won't tell anyone! it was kinda cute actually, mainly hilarious for no reason, but cute." tanaka said.

"why are you guys here anyway?" tobio said.

"late night swimming, duh." nishinoya said (with a bunch of sass too).

"did you guys forget that the pool was a public area here?" tanaka started laughing.

"not the best place to make out if you're asking me". nishinoya added.

since those two were clearly right, they both immediately went back to their room, completely red out of embarrassment too.

they both sat down on tobio's bed, then laying down. facing each other.

"so does this basically mean we're like...boyfriends now??" the setter said.

instead of answering, hinata just started bursting out of laughter.

"hey! why the hell are you laughing at me??!"

"because you have to ask me to be your boyfriend!" the ginger said, still laughing hysterically. "did you not know that?!" he added.

"tch..i'm new to this whole dating thing! you're the first person i've ever dated or kissed, blah blah!" tobio said, annoyed.

"wait really?" hinata was in shock. "so nobody's ever dated you?"

tobio shook his head.

"wow. that's kinda surprising. didn't know nobody would ask you out even though you have quite a pretty face." hinata added.

"it's not that nobody confessed to me, I just wasn't interested." tobio said.

"oh."

"anyways let me just aSk yOu tO bE mY bOyfRieNd now!" tobio said sarcastically as the ginger started to giggle.

they both sat up and tobio held the other boy's hands.

"hinata wi-"

"call me shouyou." shouyou interrupted.

"oh. well, shouyou...would you like to be my..uhm. boyfriend?" tobio said, clearly very embarrassed.

"no." shouyou replied.

"wait what- but i thought y-"

"i'm just messing with you! you big dummy! of course!" he interrupted as he basically jumped onto tobio, tackling him with a hug.

"OW!" tobio yelled. then he sighed. "you gave me a heart attack when you said no." tobio added.

"yeah that was kind of the point." shouyou giggled. "it was kinda funny to see the color drain from your face like that." he added.

"please never do that to me again." tobio added as he hugged the other boy tighter".

"i won't." shouyou smiled.

and they fell asleep, in each other's arms.