prologue

Copyright ©️ 2022 alamodealmond

All rights reserved.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, organizations, places, events, and incidents either are the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events, or locales is entirely coincidental.

<>

The eve of Christmas Day 1991 was a special night for all of Great Britain and even the world. It was the night when Diana, Princess of Wales gave birth to her third child and only daughter with the Prince of Wales.

"It is confirmed by Buckingham Palace and Clarence House that HRH Diana, Princess of Wales is in labour at Sandringham. We are yet to receive any updates if the Princess of Wales has given birth. We will be back in a moment. Stay tuned."

The birth was a symbol of hope. People had hoped that the birth of the new princess would mend Diana and Prince Charles' relationship.

Her Royal Highness the Princess of Wales safely delivered a daughter on the eve of Christmas Day 1991 at 11:58 pm. Her Royal Highness and her daughter are both doing well. We have no names to announce at the moment.

For a while, it did repair the broken relationship. For a while, they were indeed a happy family. The new Princess was hope and happiness for the Royal Family.

Their Royal Highnesses the Prince and Princess of Wales have named their daughter, Hope Alexandra Victoria Elizabeth. Her official title will be Her Royal Highness Princess Hope Alexandra of Wales. She was baptised in the Church of St Mary Magdalene on the 28th of February 1992. Present at the baptism. It has been announced that The Princess Royal, Lady Romsey, Queen Paola of Belgium, Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden, Prince Edward, and Crown Prince Haakon of Norway were chosen to be her godparents.

1992, or as it is now infamously known the Queen's horrible year, didn't start badly as everyone thought. It started as a great year with the new Princess' baptism. However, things took a turn when the Duke and Duchess of York announced their separation followed by Prince Charles publicly exposing his and Diana's problems in their marriage. In 1992, people saw humanity in the stern British Royal Family. But nothing would ever match the tragedy of 1997.

"The Royal Family is standing outside of Buckingham Palace to wait for the Princess of Wales' casket to pass by. This is a historical and moving moment. Of course, the Prince of Wales, Prince Philip, Prince William, and Prince Harry are waiting in St. James' to join the procession. Notably absent is Princess Hope. That, however, is due to her parents' wishes to keep her off the public eye until she is much older."

For years, Princess Hope Alexandra had been hidden away from public view. An arrangement both Prince Charles and Diana agreed to as they wanted her to experience a private childhood, unlike her brothers.

So, when she joined her father and brother on a royal visit to Belgium at the age of eighteen, everyone was in awe of her. People saw her as a younger version of her mother with her golden hair, doe-like blue eyes, and thin pinkish lips (Prince Philip would like to differ that she resembled him during his boyhood.)

"Are you ready, Andra?" Her father asked as they were about to step off the plane.

"When am I not," she forced a smile. He gave her a light pat on the head like he usually did when she was younger. She followed him right after with Harry in tow.

"Oh, wow. There are lots of people," she whispered to her brother.

"Don't worry, they seem to be in love with you, elephant," he squeezed her hand. "Now, smile and wave."