Chapter 11: A Special Day

On a day in late August, Katya was walking around nervously as she tried to figure out a present for Trixie's birthday which was coming up only days later. The woman was also feeling nervous as she planned to ask the girl the question that had been lingering in her mind for the last couple of weeks.

"Katya, chill, Jesus christ. You've got a couple days, right?" Bob said as she watched the Russian's full on breakdown.

"Yes, but it must be perfect. I can not make mistake." Katya replied.

"Okay, firstly Trixie is whipped for you and will probably like whatever you get her. Secondly, she will absolutely say yes to being your girlfriend so stop stressing about it. Now, I can close the restaurant for you guys that night so it would only be you two. We can hang some extra lights and make it all romantic and shit, okay?" Bob suggested.

"Okay, that does sound good. I would like it very much if it is possible." The Russian replied.

"Of course, I'll get it sorted. Now, let's get out of here and I'll help you look for a gift. Trixie's at your house, right?"

"Yes, she is practicing new variation." Katya confirmed.

"Great, then she won't suspect anything."

The pair left the restaurant and walked over to a street where Katya knew there were a ton of vintage stores. She knew Trixie lived for vintage fashion, so she thought maybe getting her a vintage dress could be a good idea. They searched through shelves upon shelves of clothing before Katya's eyes landed on a beautiful but simplistic pink tulle and silk dress with a purple hue.

It was perfect for Trixie in every way

It was perfect for Trixie in every way. The color would look stunning on her and the full tulle skirt was reminiscent of that of a long tutu. It also had the iconic hourglass shape of the 50s, and Katya knew it would fit every curve of the girl's body perfectly.

"Wow, now that's a dress." Bob said.

"It is perfect." Katya spoke before quickly taking it with her to check out.

With a large perfectly wrapped box in hand they made their way back, however the Russian halted entirely as she saw a necklace displayed in one of the shop windows.

"Katya, are you coming?" Bob asked.

"One minute." Katya said before she ran into the shop.

"Hi there, how can I help you?" A young man asked.

"I would like to buy the gold heart, that one in window." She told him.

"Oh excellent choice! It's a locket, you know, so you can put a picture inside it. It's one of a kind too, a beautiful antique, they don't make things like that anymore." He replied as he walked over to the window and took it out, placing it into a sweet little light blue box.

"Is it for someone special? Or just a gift for yourself?" The man asked as he swiped her card. It was an expensive gift, but to Katya it was worth it. She'd buy that doll the moon if she thought it would make her happy.

"Yes, it is, for soon to be girlfriend, hopefully. I am asking her to be on her birthday." Katya told him with a smile and reddened cheeks.

"Lucky girl, I hope she says yes." He replied as he handed her the bag.

"I hope so too." She said before she took it from him.

"Have a nice day, and good luck."

"You too, and thank you." Katya said before walking out.

"Took you long enough. Find something cute?" Bob asked.

"Yes, gold locket, a heart." Katya said with a slightly shy smile.

"Oooh expensive. You're so in love it's disgusting."

"I am not in love, I just like her very much." Katya argued.

"Oh sure..." Bob said, rolling her eyes, gaining a shove from Katya.

She wasn't in love.

She couldn't be.

Right?