Chapter 4: A Hard Truth

"One and two, three, four, five and a six, seven, eight. Pas des bourreé, glissade, assemblé, préparation, and pirouette." Katya yelled out as Trixie moved across the floor.

They'd been at it for hours and Trixie was starting to mix steps into eachother, her exhaustion showing as she had not trained as intensive in a while. Katya was clearly getting annoyed at the young ballerina for forgetting the simple combination, and the girl could feel the Russian hard stare on her.

"Trixie, you can not do only double, that is below your level. Triple is minimum requirement if you want company to take you seriously." Katya scolded, her Russian accent stronger than before.

"I'm exhausted, that's why. Can't we please take a break?"

"You want to be lazy? You think lazy gets you job?" The Russian said harshly.

"You don't have to be so harsh..." Trixie replied, tears threatening to come out as the statement caused her mind to replay the words of her former teacher. Katya felt guilty, but she knew she couldn't go easy on the girl if she truly wanted to help her succeed.

"You want to be ballet dancer? Get used to psychological terror. You Americans, you all expect things to be easy. In Russia no one expects to be happy so we don't complain when teachers tell us brutal truth or harsh opinion. You were told that you are too fat to be a ballerina, no?

"Ye... ehm, well yeah, I was.." Trixie mumbled.

"I thought so. Listen, for me, you are not, but industry they will think so. You do not have typical ballet build, but you have soft lines and long legs which can still be advantage. But because you do not look like average ballet dancer, you must work twice as hard to achieve half as much Understand? It is brutal truth, and you either accept it or no. The world will not change for you, Trixie. There will always be a thousand girls who fit their standards and are just as good as you, and the industry will chose them unless you are a hundred times better." Katya told her.

Trixie looked down at the ground as the Russian's words sank in. Katya felt her heart sink at the girl's expression. She walked over to the Trixie and lifted her chin so she could look into the girl's honey brown eyes, feeling the air get knocked out of her lungs for a second as she looked into the deep soulful orbs.

"Trixie, you have talent, and beautiful artistry. You belong on stage, but you must listen to me if you want them to give you chance. It is not impossible, okay? You can do this, but the truth is truth."

"Okay... I understand. Just... do... do you think I'm fat?" Trixie asked nervously.

"Of course not! You have perfect hourglass figure, you look like human Barbie doll, truly. You are beautiful, Trixie." Katya assured her, feeling bad for making the girl feel sad.

"Really?" The brown eyed girl asked, a deep blush covering her cheeks.

"Yes, there is nothing wrong with your body. Unfortunately ballet world just has very strong opinion on what a ballerina looks like."

Trixie smiled softly, trying to lock Katya's words away in her mind so she could feel better on days when her self-image became low.
Katya Zamolodchikova, the Katya Zamolodchikova had just called her beautiful. Yes, she'd also given her a pretty harsh dose of reality, but she'd actually called Trixie beautiful.
Of course, the brown eyed girl knew it was mostly the woman being nice, but she hoped some small part of the Russian actually meant it.

"Thank you." Trixie said softly.

"You are welcome. Now, let us do combination once again before we stop for today."

"Okay, I'll try my best." Trixie said, walking over to the back corner of the room.

Katya pressed play on the music, a piece by Chopin playing through the speakers as the young girl performed the combination once more. She moved across the floor elegantly, and Katya couldn't help but stare in awe at the soft delicate lines she created as she moved.

"Безупречный!" Katya exclaimed as the girl landed a perfect quadruple pirouette.

"Was it okay?"

"It was absolute perfection. See? You can do it if you work hard. But you can not play it safe. Understood?" The Russian told her.

Trixie lost her ability to speak for a moment as she admired the woman's bright smile, her bright red lips contrasting her blue-white teeth.

"Got it, I'll work harder from now on." Trixie promised as she started to pack her things.

Katya stared at the girl's thick thighs as she leaned down to pack her bag. She shook her head to bring her mind out of the gutter, cursing herself for lusting after her student.

"So, same time tomorrow?" Trixie asked once she'd stood back up.

"Ehmhm... yes, same time."

"Great, I'll see you then. Thank you again, miss Zamolodchikova. Sorry for my little breakdown." The young girl said as she walked towards the door, Katya following behind her.

"It is okay, emotion is not to be feared. And Trixie, you can call me Katya." The Russian told her as they reached the front door. Trixie smiled at her, and nodded.

"Okay. Thanks, Katya."

Katya felt her heart skip a beat when the American girl spoke her first name, her tounge and lips delicately forming each sound so beautifully.

"My pleasure, see you tomorrow, Trixie." She said as she closed the door behind the girl, leaning against it as she clutched her quickly beating heart.

"мне конец..." Katya said to herself as her mind was filled with images of Trixie in all sort of scenarios, both sweet and innocent, and some far less innocent. She'd have to be careful, she realised, or she might just end up falling for the young girl.