Grace Even In Darkness- Ten

Ten

    Kalista laid on the floor weak. There were now fresh cuts bleeding out from her legs and arms. After the minions had their way with her, her ‘father’s trusted minion delve into her. His hand feeling if there was any new change. When he found none, her ‘father’ demanded him to use his talents to break her soul.

    Kalista closed her eyes and thanked heaven she was able to withstand that torture. When she opened them, a man knelt next to her. He placed his fingers to his lips in a sign to keep quiet. She did.

    He smiled down at her. “You’re doing beautifully my child.”

    She mouthed silently. “Who are you?”

    He raised an eyebrow. “They say I don’t care about you, but you defended me.”

    She gasped faintly. “God?!” He nodded. “Please help me.” She had tears in her eyes.

    He looked into her eyes. “If you could make one wish in the world, what would it be?”

    Tears welled up and over spilled down her cheeks. “That Luc could be redeemed.” She said from her heart. “There is so much good in him. Even if he can’t save me, forgive him.”

    God smiled. His eyes sparkling with happiness. “He has already saved you. Don’t worry about him being redeemed. He’s almost completed his redemption.”

    “Why are you here?” She mouthed.

    His face turned sad. “You’re dying.”

    Another tear fell from her eye. “I’ll hold on a little longer. I just want to see Luc one more time.”

    God nodded. “I know. But even in death, none can separate you completely.” She smiled as her eyes drooped. God leaned forward and kissed her forehead lightly. “Rest my child for now. I will watch over you till your love gets here. What comes next will be difficult enough.”

    Kalista relaxed on the floor that was grimy and smelled like a land fill. But none of that mattered to her. She wanted more than anything to see Lucifer one last time. But she was comforted that God was here. He was going to stay with her so she wasn’t completely alone.

    She was asleep for a moment till she heard someone whispering to her. “He’s almost here my child.” She heard God’s voice.

    Her eyes were hard to open, but with some effort she managed to open them. She couldn’t move anything else except for her head to the side. Her body felt ready to let her go, but her soul needed to see Lucifer one last time.

    She felt God’s hand on her shoulder as he leaned against the wall. She knew deep down that he couldn’t do anything more than comfort her. To be here for her. The demons had told her once about the wards they put up. That they made her once home into a place for pure evil.

    Her eye sight was very blurry, but she made out the crash that happened and saw three figures rush in. The demons came out and a battle ensued. She couldn’t make out what was going on but the demons were fighting.

    “Boys! Go to Kalista!” Her heart beat quickened hearing Luc’s voice. Tears spilled over.

    Soon she felt a pair of hands on her. “She’s not doing too good, brother.” Marco’s voice shouted to the figure next to them. The figure that was defending their area.

    “How is her soul, brother?” Farico asked before he grunted and then a demon shouted.

    Something draped over her and she looked up at Marco. She tried to smile, but was failing. She just didn’t have the energy.