Grace Even In Darkness- Six

Six

    The next day, Balt came over with a bouquet of flowers. He smiled as Luc let him in. “I’m delighted that you are doing so well my dear.” He said as he kissed Kalista’s cheek lightly and gave her the flowers.

    She blushed and smelled the flowers. “I feel better than I did yesterday.”

    Balt smiled. “I’m delighted to hear that.”

    Luc laid a hand on Balt’s shoulder. “If you’ll excuse me my beauty, I wish to talk with Balt for a moment.”

    She smiled up at him and tugged his hand. He went to her willingly. She kissed him lightly on the lips. “Don’t be gone too long.”

    He chuckled. “Wouldn’t plan on it.” He whispered to her before giving her another kiss.

    Balt grinned devilishly as he winked at her as Luc pulled him into the kitchen. “She’s glowing more.” Balt sang as he leaned against the island.

    Luc raised his eyebrow at Balt. “You checking?”

    Balt grinned more. “Nope. She glowed when you kissed her.” He shrugged. “Hard to miss really.” Then his expression turned to concerned. “What happened last night?”

    Luc sighed and stopped chopping as he was preparing lunch. He glanced over at the couch before he walked over to Balt and whispered. “She had a miscarriage.”

    Balt stumbled against the island a bit. “What?!” He asked shocked to his core. Then he closed his eyes. “Because of the rape?”

    Luc nodded. “Her body must have known it was wrong after her soul has been mending and rejected the child.” Luc looked at Balt with a deep and truly sad look. “A child of a demon. About a month along.”

    Balt sat down heavily and placed his face in his hands. “I’m sorry I didn’t see it before.”

    Luc placed a hand on Balt’s shoulder. “Don’t blame yourself. I know that she’s mending. That what was done to her, I’m helping to fix. I may not be able to physically heal, but that doesn’t mean I can’t help heal her soul.” Luc smiled placing his hand over his heart. “She has healed my bleeding heart for the better.”

    Balt smiled. “I’m glad that you have found love. It’s done you so much good.”

    Luc’s hand slipped from Balt’s shoulder as he looked over at Kalista. She was holding a single tulip in her hands and petting it. “I wish I was worthy of her love.”

    Balt clapped Luc’s shoulder. “You will be soon. I know for a fact that your close to being redeemed.”

    Luc shrugged. “How?” He looked at Kalista as her giggles graced his ears. “All I can think of is her. Showing her love.”

    Balt nodded. “I know its confusing, but soon you’ll do something that redeems you.” He shrugged. “I have no idea what it is, but you do it.”

    Luc sighed as he went back to finish prepping for lunch. “You staying?”

    Balt smiled. “Need help?”

    Luc smiled back. “You have been here longer and know how to cook from what I hear.”

    Balt laughed. “Yeah. Scared the hell out of Gab when he first found out I was cooking.”

    Luc laughed. “You did have a reputation about making people sick before you found love.”

    Balt shrugged smiling. “She gave me the inspiration to know how to actually cook.”