6. School Of Truth And Lies

WARNING : LONG CHAPTER

When an immortal got victim by the scythe, it'll never be revive even when the scythe is broken.

The girl let out an incredulous gasp and face the hooded man, "Isn't that what you wanted? To stop your never-ending miseries" he quickly interjected before the girl could utter a word.

She went silent and ponder on the question. She just wants to be a normal girl but thanks to her 'abnormal ability' she can't achieve a simple dream. The girl nodded her head, "Good. In exchange of this information, I need something in return"

"And what is that?" she asked cautiously.

"Once you had your hands on the scythe, you will give it to me afterwards"

She examine the man infront of her, "That's seem to be too easy for a prize"

"It's not a prize exactly it's an exchange to be precise" he extended his hand to the girl, "Now, do we have a deal? Wendy Quinn" Wendy stared at the hand then at the man then back to the man again.

Wendy hesitated at first but grab it anyway, "Deal" both of them shook hands as a sign of agreement. The hooded man was about to leave when Wendy called out to him, "Wait! What's your name?"

"Call me Ace, dear Wendy" Then he disappeared. Since then, Ace never once again appeared to Wendy.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
JOKER'S POV

"Joker are you alright?" I glance at Marionette, turn bright red and quickly averted my eyes from her, "He can't even look at me in the eye..."

After what just happened who wouldn't?!

"Ms. Marionette, I think Mr. Joker has every right to be embarrassed" Hachi said, easing the worries away from Marionette.

"I asked so many times, what did I do wrong?"

I'm so embarrassed right now...it makes me want to dug a hole and hide there in shame...

FLASHBACK

When I woke up, I felt something wrap around my waist tightly and something warm pressed against my back. I glance down and saw it was an arm that was wrapped on my waist. I took a peek behind me. A person was laying beside me more like behind me, have blue green hair, pale skin and sleeping soundly.