Some Nights --Niam One Shot--

A/N: So somebody mentioned a Niam. This has been in my drafts for awhile, just chillin'. Here it is as a filler for you guys :) I have something coming that I think will be my best yet. Okay, maybe not best, but I am excited to write the edition. The plot has been eating at me for awhile and I've been wanting to write it. Problem is, I want it to be perfect. I'll have it up ASAP, but I'm not going to rush it because I want it to be well written.

So basically, enjoy this one, and I'm sorry if it's a little short. A new edition is coming soon, keep an eye out for it, and get pumped!

---

Niall sat comfortably on the sofa, his feet propped up on the foot rest in front of him, and his right arm on the arm rest. His left was petting Liam's soft hair as head rest perfectly on Niall's lap. Liam had a warm brown fuzzy blanket across his body, the tops of the fabric bunched up around his chin.

The living room was dark, the only light besides the television was the small Christmas tree in the corner of the room. It was ever green with bright and vibrant lights strung around, a small golden angel on top.

With each stroke from Niall's hand, Liam drifted farther and father out of consciousness. His eye lids grew heavy, and the images from the screen became harder and harder to concentrate on.

Niall noticed his partner fighting to stay awake, and decided it was time to call it a night. Flipping off the tv, he sensed the petting of his hand and lightly touched Liam's sleepy cheek.

"Lets go to bed, eh?" Niall offered the dark haired boy.

A muffled agreement came out of his lips, and Niall let him Liam hold onto his arm for support as he pushed himself to a seated position. Stopping there, he rubbed his eyes and yawned, the grey tee-shirt he was wearing folded oddly over his near end of second trimestered baby bump.

As they made their way up the stairs, Niall kept a hand on Liam's drowsy hip, supporting his tired figure on his.

In the bedroom, Niall flipped on the lights. Still guiding a sleep walking Liam, Niall kept him close until he made his way to the bed. Pulling back the heavy covers, the pregnant boy all but threw himself onto the bed, Niall having to hold onto him to soften the fall.

Niall turned off the lights then crawled in next to his already sleeping partner. A small smile met his lips as he threw one arm onto the pillows under his head, and one across his unborn child. Winding his feet with Liam's he pulled himself closer.

The hard wind beat against there window, a heavy snow storm going on outside. Niall could see it in his mind-- Piles of snow building up, white fluff going around in the breeze. It reminded him of his days as a child in Mullingar. The serenity he felt cuddled under his blankets on Christmas Eve, waiting for Santa to come.

A soft chill ran down his spine as Liam moved a hand around the back of Nialls neck. Through the dark, Niall could see a smile playing out on his husbands lips. Leaning forward, he placed a gentle kiss on the younger boys lips.

Niall sat silently in the dark, unable to fall asleep. He was wide awake with thought.

He was just twenty-one.

Just old enough to drink in the states.

He had his whole life ahead of him.

He had his career to pay attention to.

He had so many things to experience.

These things almost haunted him. He felt like he was still a boy sometimes. Sometimes he didn't think life should be like it was now. He was married and had a child on the way. He was only twenty-one.

It's not like he wasn't happy, because he was. He was so overjoyed to be with somebody he loves everyday and night. But sometimes he had his doubts.

Like if he'd be a good father. He had plenty of money to raise a child, he had more than enough to vacation and give the child learning experiences that most others couldn't afford. He could do anything for him or her. But life isn't just about the material objects Niall knew he could give.

He had to love and care for the child. Which he would try his best at, but was afraid it wouldn't amount to enough.

What if he or she hates me?

What if they get hurt?

What if I screw up?

What if my child has a disability?

These questions and many more nagged at him every night. Every god damn night.

Niall closed his eyes and put his head onto Liam's shoulder. He breathed in his scent. It was comforting, the way he smelt.  Something about it reassured Niall in the future. It made him feel like he'd always have a place to be. That place was right next to Liam.

His hand met the side of Liams shirt that ended over his hip. Niall moved under the green fabric, his fingers dancing over the smooth skin. 

Niall knew how insecure Liam was about his abdomen. It was once flat and defined, now it was round with a few stretch marks. No matter how often Niall reassured his partner that he was still gorgeous, it never sunk in enough for Liam to allow Niall to see him without a shirt on.

Sleep began to make Niall's eyes weary. His breathing became more and more rythemed as the wind hitting the windows made him drift off into a dreamless sleep.