✮XXII✮

✦✦✦✦ Brown Eyes ✦✦✦✦

Din sighs in relief when they finally stop the Juggernaut, he had managed to fight off the pirates and he and Mayfeld successfully got the load of rhydonium back safely.

He watches as Mayfeld basks in the glory he receives, "Okay," Mayfeld mutters as he walks over, close enough for only Din to hear, "All we gotta do is find a terminal."

Mayfeld leads Din through the crowd that parts for them to get through "Its probably in the officers' mess."

Mayfeld walks up and stops to see the terminal in the corner of the room, "There it is."

"Good luck." Din says stiffly just wanting him to get it over with.

His brows raise when he sees Mayfeld returning moments later, "I can't go in there."

"Why not?"

"That's Valin Hess."

Din looks over Mayfeld's shoulder to the man who watches them before returning to his conversation, "Who?"

"Valin Hess," Mayfeld repeats as if he'd suddenly know by the multiple times his name has been said, "I used to serve under him."

"Will he recognize you?"

"I don't know," Mayfeld sighs glancing over his shoulder again, "I was just a field operative, but I'm not takin' the chance. It's over."

Placing a hand on his chest Din pushes him back, "Let's just do this quick, and we can get out of here."

Mayfeld shakes his head, "I can't do it, okay? We have to abort. I'm sorry."

Mayfeld once again tries to walk away but Din pushes him back a little more firmly, "I can't. I've already lost Kit once, I'm not willing to lose her again, if I don't get those coordinates, I'll lose them both, forever. Give me the data stick."

He shakes his head, "It's not gonna work. In order to access the network the terminal has to scan your face. Now, let's go."

Din shakes his head and holds his hand out, "Give it to me."

He takes the data stick and then walks into the mess hall, he stops for a moment and looks around before quickly making his way over to the terminal.

It scans his face before flashing red telling him that it didn't work. He curses quietly and stares at the data stick in his hand and then the machine in front of him.

"But there has to be an exception," Kit argued. She sat behind him on the passenger's seat, legs thrown over the arm rest and head hanging off the side, a position that would surely leave her complaining about her back later, "What if it's life or death?"

"Then I die." Din answered, just wanting the girl to shut up.

It had been a few days since they left Nevarro, and if it's one thing the girl could do, its annoy him.