✮XVI✮

✦✦ Marshal of the New Republic ✦✦

Fennec and Fett share a glance as they watch Din pick up parts of his ship, the smoke still lifts from the ground as he kicks around the ashes.

He crouches to the ground and lifts the metal ball that Grogu usually plays with, he puts it into his pocket and his eye catches a glint of purple.

He leans down again and picks up the Kyber Crystal from Kit's old lightsabre, he flips it over in his palm and his hand goes to the white lightsabre resting on his hip that he had found on top of the mountain.

Sighing he closes his fist around the crystal and looks to the other two watching him, he turns away again and then grabs the Beskar staff lifting it into the air before him.

"This is all that survived." Din says as he stands in front of them.

"Beskar," Boba says firmly and Din nods, "I want you to take a look at this." He holds his arm up and a hologram of his chain code appears, "My chain code has been encoded in this armor for twenty five years. You see, this is me, Boba Fett. This is my father, Jango Fett."

"Your father was a foundling."

"Yes. He even fought in the Mandalorian Civil Wars."

"Then that armor belongs to you."

Boba nods his head, "I appreciate its return."

"Then our deal is complete." He says looking to Fennec.

"Not quite."

He raises a brow beneath his helmet and looks at them both, "How so?"

Boba turns and looks at Fennec, "We agreed in the return of my armor, we will ensure the safety of the Child."

"The Child's gone, so is Kit."

"Until he is returned to you safely, we are in your debt."

~~~~~

"Cara Dune, Marshal of the New Republic." Din flicks the badge back to her and the woman easily catches it, "I heard rumours you'd gone legit."

She sits in the small office like building with her feet up on her desk as she looks over at him, "I wouldn't go that far."

"I need your help."

"Name it."

"I need you to locate someone in the prison registry."

She leans forward and turns on the computer in front of her, "Ex-Imperial sharpshooter, last name Mayfeld. Apprehended near the Dilestri system on a derelict prison ship."

"Migs Mayfeld," Cara reads as the computer shows his face, "Serving fifty years in the Karthon Chop Fields for springing a prisoner himself. Accessory to the death of a New Republic officer, huh, sounds like a real piece of work. What do you want with him?"

"I need to spring him to help me locate Moff Gideon's light cruiser."

Cara sighs as she leans back, "You know how I feel about the Empire. But these stripes, mean there are rules I need to follow."

"They have the kid."

Cara stares at him for another moment before getting to her feet and grabbing her badge as she leads him out, "Cara."

She stops and turns to look at him over her shoulder, "They have Kit too."