Queen of the beasts - Part 3 - Bronn x Reader

There will be a fourth and final part to this imagine to bring everything together. But I hope that you enjoy this next instalment.   

"YOU DID WHAT?!" (Y/n) asked again in disbelief. Not sure whether she had heard her brother correctly. Her blood boiling as she glared at the two men she had always loved, and thought loved her.

"It was the only way, (Y/n). We had no choice. If we had said no, Bronn had every intention of killing us there and then. And he would still have got you if Cersei had been able to get to you. This way we can ensure that you are safe and well treated. That Bronn cares for you like the lady that you are. This way, Jaime and I get to live, and you will be instilled as the Lady of Highgarden. Bronn isn't all that bad when you..............." Tyrion tried to reason. The little lion stopping as (Y/n) marched up to where he and Jaime barred the door. Both of the Lannister men gulping as their sister took a deep breath and smiled softly.

"So, let me get this right. You are telling me, that to save your own worthless hides, you promised that unprincipled, dishonourable, deceitful, whore fucking, sack of donkey shit, my hand in marriage. Is that correct?" (Y/n) asked calmly. Both Jaime and Tyrion looking at one another nervously before they nodded.

"Get out." (Y/n) said quietly, as she made her way over to the bed. Dropping her sword by her side as she turned her attention to the dark expanse of sky outside the window.

"(Y/n)?" Tyrion replied, as he slowly inched forward. Both he and Jaime looking at one another, neither sure what to do.

They had expected so many other reactions. Expected to be dodging bottles and glasses. Expected thrown daggers and a snarling Queen. But this was worse. This, they had never seen before. This was more terrifying than the thought of being suspended by their manhood's from the nearest roof beams. It was the calm before the storm. The beautiful day before the land turned dark, and thunder and lighting split the sky.

"Get out." (Y/n) said again. Never turning her gaze from the star studded heavens.

"(Y/n), please. You must understand. We had no choice, we..........." Jaime began. Only stopping as his sister turned and slowly rose from her bed.

"There is always a choice, Jaime. You chose to do the one thing even our father never did. You sold me, to save yourselves. The feared Kingslayer, the Kingsguard. The golden lion, afraid of a low life, armed with Joffrey's crossbow. And you? The little lion. You must find this exceedingly embarrassing. To be out manoeuvred by our fool of a sister, and your own sellsword. I never thought there would be a day that I would ever say that I was ashamed to be your sister. Ashamed of the two men I have always looked up to. Men that I have loved and defended more than any other in this world. But that day has come. And it would appear that I am the only Lannister left in this family with any kind of backbone. So, I am going to do what you should have done. Make the choice that you should have made. I am going to find Bronn, and I am going to tell him that your little deal is off. That I don't give a shit if he wants Highgarden, he can have it, it means nothing to me. But I would rather die than be that scoundrel's bride. And if he wants my hand, he will have to fight, and kill me for it. Now get out of my room." (Y/n) informed the pair, as she turned back around and reaching into a chest to retrieve her armour.

"But (Y/n). Be reasonable.........there is no need for anyone to die. We need all the warriors we can get to face the undead onslaught. You are a figurehead for the men. They will follow you anywhere. We need you (Y/n)." Tyrion tried to reason, watching as his sister began to strap the leather to her body.

"And what happens if you don't survive the fight? What happens if we win, and Cersei survives? You know our sister. What she is capable of. What she promises Bronn and actually gives him, are two very different things. If Cersei is somehow able to capture me, she will not marry me off to Bronn, that would not be punishment enough. She will make my life much, much worse. I would rather die tonight than live in that world. Now get out." (Y/n) explained as she continued to prepare herself.

Tyrion turned around, slowly pushing Jaime back out of the door, both brothers knowing that (Y/n) was right, and that now that her mind was made up, there would be no way to dissuade her.

"Do you think that she can beat him?" Jaime asked, as he and Tyrion made their way back to their room in the tavern.

"They are pretty well matched. But (Y/n) has a number of advantages over Bronn. One being that she is a Lannister, the pride of our father, the Queen of the beasts. She was taught by the best, taught to never surrender, to fight until she can fight no more. The second, that she would rather die tonight than give herself freely to Bronn. And Bronn loves himself far too much to make the same sacrifice. Thirdly, she will want to win, as I am sure that once she is finished with Bronn, she will want to come for us." Tyrion told his brother, as he settled back into his chair. The little man chuckling half-heartedly as Jaime pulled the crossbow bolt from his chair. The two Lannister men hoping that they wouldn't lose their sister that night.

                                                             >>--------------------------------<<

(Y/n) looked at herself in the mirror as she made the final adjustments to her armour. She had never been afraid to fight. Never been afraid to die. And whether her death came at the hands of Bronn or the army of the Night King, it made no difference. Unlike Cersei, she was born to fight. She was the Lannister sword and shield. Cersei had been little more than their father's pawn, to be used as he saw fit, but (Y/n) was Tywin's right hand. A true queen. And Cersei had never forgiven her for what she saw as (Y/n)'s preferential treatment from their father.

But Cersei did not see the scars. Did not see the blood that (Y/n) had spilt. Did not know, or care, about the men and friends that her sister had lost. Could never imagine the full extent of the horrors that (Y/n) had seen. And (Y/n) had sacrificed too much to ever allow her sister the chance to reap her revenge.

Quietly (Y/n) picked up her dagger and placed it in the scabbard on the side of her boot. Smiling as she strapped her sword around her waist, before making her way out of her room and into the night. Off to find the sellsword.