The ties that bind - Part 2 - Jaime x Reader

Jaime and Jon watched as (Y/n) stormed out of Jon's rooms. Jon knowing that he had never seen his sister so angry, and that in part it was because of him allowing Jaime to set foot back into her life. He had sworn to himself that he would always protect (Y/n) and Jayrion, that he would watch over them and never let anything hurt them. Yet now he had hurt her in more ways than he could imagine, ways that may take a lifetime to make up for.

"Is...........I mean.......the boy, your nephew. Tyrion's nephew. Is he.......is he mine?" Jaime asked, turning to look at Jon who had slumped into his chair by the fire.

"His name is Jayrion. (Y/n) named him after you and Tyrion. And yes.......he is yours. (Y/n) has known no other man since you left her. Loved no other man since you abandoned her and your unborn son. She only ever loved you. Even after all this time, she has only just begun to smile again, begun to laugh. I swear that if it wasn't for Jayrion, my sister would have died the day you left. Tyrion and I have tried to protect them ever since. Your brother took over the role of being Jayrion's father, the two are very close. And.........well, you should know that he has been talking about marriage. He cares for (Y/n) a great deal." Jon told Jaime, his head dropping into his hands as he contemplated what (Y/n) would do next. He knew how head strong she could be. How hurt she would feel. And now Jon could do nothing but hope that Tyrion would be able to calm her.

Jaime dropped into the chair across from Jon. His mind reeling from all the new information. He had a son, a beautiful healthy son. The boy, the spitting image of him. Yet his brother had taken on his role, loved not only his son, but also his wife. Protected them both from all that had happened. Yet here he was, trying to change everything, trying to reclaim what he had left so long ago. He no longer knew what to do, he had come to tell (Y/n) that he was wrong, that he would give everything he had to make up for what he had done, to ask for a chance to prove that he could be the man that she truly deserved.

"I should leave." Jaime suddenly said, slowly rising from his chair.

"No. You think that that will make things better? That everything will go back to the way it was before you showed your face? You know that it won't. You know that you have already changed everything. And I know (Y/n), no matter how angry she is now, eventually she will want to talk to you. Why do you think that she hates you so much? Because in truth, she has never loved anyone more than she loves you. And I think that it's only fair that you should at least meet Jayrion properly. As someone that never had the opportunity to meet his parents, I think that it is as important for him as it is for you, that you have a chance to get to know one another." Jon told the old Kingsguard. Jon holding him tightly by the wrist as he pulled Jaime back down into the chair.

                                                             >>------------------------------<<

Tyrion marched back to Jon's rooms; the two soft lengths of fabric gripped tightly in his hand. He had never felt this angry before. Despite all he had had to endure, despite his father, despite Cersei and Joffrey he could truly say that he had never hated anyone more in his life than he did Jaime at this moment in time. He knew he shouldn't, he knew that he should be happy that his brother was alive and well, that he was back with him. But after everything he had been through with (Y/n), how he had watched her nearly die of a broken heart, how he had seen Jayrion born, been the first to hold the child before laying him in his mother's arms, Tyrion found that he could do nothing but wish that his brother had died by Cersei's side.

As he got closer and closer to Jon's rooms, Tyrion's mind went over all the time he had spent with (Y/n). How he had grown to love her more and more as the days passed, how he had grown to love Jayrion more and more. How he and (Y/n) would spend long nights talking, how he had made her laugh. The mere sight of her smile making his heart skip a beat. The night that they had kissed, the night that he had held her in his arms and confessed how he truly felt for her. Now all that, all those wonderful memories seemed to have turned to ash.

"Those are for you!" Tyrion declared angrily, as he entered Jon's room. The silken material landing on the floor as Tyrion glared at a confused Jaime.

"What......what are they?" Jaime asked, as he looked between his brother and the two lengths of material.

"(Y/n) told me that it is the ribbon that the Septon used to bind your hands the day you were married. The day that you told (Y/n) that you were hers, and that she was yours, from that day until the end of your days. The day that you lied to her, the day that you ruined her life. She cut the ribbon in front of me, told me that she is no longer bound to you. And because of you, she and Jayrion are leaving." Tyrion growled, as Jaime leant down and picked up the lengths of ribbon. The silken threads slipping effortlessly through his fingers.

Jaime could remember the day that he and (Y/n) had married. It truly had been one of the greatest days in his life, the way that he had finally separated himself from Cersei. He had not lied to (Y/n), he had never lied to (Y/n). When he told her that he loved her, he had meant every word.

He could remember that the day had been beautiful, but nothing compared to (Y/n) as she had stood before him, the two promising themselves to one another before man and god. The whole marriage had been in secret, Jaime worried what his sister would do if she found out, but that had taken nothing away from what it had meant to him.

Jaime wasn't sure why he had left (Y/n). He loved, had loved his sister in more ways than he should, but (Y/n) had given him everything, and by leaving her that day to return to his sister's side, he had destroyed the best thing that had ever happened to him. And now, not only did she hate him, but apparently so did his brother.

"What do you mean, (Y/n) and Jayrion are leaving? Where are they going?" Jon asked as he got up from his seat. He knew that (Y/n) was angry, but to take Jayrion and leave him and Tyrion was something that he hadn't expected.

"Am I speaking something other than common tongue? (Y/n) is in her rooms packing what she can. She is going to take Jayrion to the Free Folk encampment and stay there until she gets word back from Sansa. (Y/n) is hoping that she will take both of them in." Tyrion snapped, despite knowing that Jon was not the one that he was angry at.

"Let me go and try and speak to her. I'll tell her that I will go, that I'll stay in the encampment. All I want to do is a have a chance to explain, to tell her that I'm sorry. Ask for a chance to get to know my......... to get to know Jayrion. To get to know my brother again." Jaime said, getting up from his chair. His brows furrowing in confusion as Tyrion began to chuckle.

"If you think that (Y/n) will even let you in the room, let alone talk to her or Jayrion, then all I can say is that you never really knew her at all. Now if you will both excuse me, I am going to try and persuade a very stubborn woman, that there is no need for her to leave her home permanently, and that the encampment is far enough away from you." Tyrion said, before turning on his heels, and heading back out of the room. Hoping that he could catch (Y/n) before she and Jayrion disappeared into the maze of tents that made up the Free Folk camp.

"Give him time, Jaime. Give them both time. As Tyrion said, my sister is very stubborn, but as angry as she is, I know that she would never leave." Jon reassured, as Jaime watched his brother leave. Knowing that he had as much to make up for with Tyrion, as he did (Y/n).