xi. miles bletchley ✔

the kiss list, adrian pucey
𝒐𝒄𝒕𝒐𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

the kiss list, adrian pucey 𝒐𝒄𝒕𝒐𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

chapter eleven
number 14: MILES BLETCHLEY

✧ ━━━ · ✦ · ━━━ ✧

     BIANCA'S 'ADRIAN FREE PERIOD' ENDED quicker than she expected. Although it wasn't very 'Adrian free' after all. No, he wasn't in lessons, but she was still his main source of catchup work and decent food. Although she had only delivered him food once she still wasn't exactly free from him in the end. She was also still waiting for her recompensation for so selflessly delivering those sausages right to his doorstep, like the amazing enemy she was, despite forgetting about his second order of fish and chips.

     It was now mid-October and Autumn was well in swing. Like the previous months, you could feel the breeze that was rich with the aroma of the earth, and the grounds of the castle were tucked away under a quilt of berry-reds and browns.

     Bianca always thought Autumn was just a 'filler season'. It had no real excitement. Sure, it was sometimes beautiful to look at, when it wasn't pissing it down with rain, or when you couldn't smell the dampness of the soggy leaves. Because after Autumn, there was Winter. Filled with the warm delights of hot chocolate, the thrill of an approaching Christmas, and the white blankety bliss that painted the world. Obviously, that was just December alone, but you get the point.

     But she'd have to hold on till then a little longer because she had to suffer the inviting delights of October 31st, which was only one week away.

     As Saturday morning came around, Adrian was free from the isolated cave he once was in, the hospital wing, and after a pit stop at the Slytherin common room and his dormitory that he had so sorely missed, he headed down to the great hall, eagerly, for his first decent meal in a while.

     The nurses were obviously feeding him of course. Hogwarts had done some questionable things in the past in terms of taking care of students, but they would never starve a child. Especially not one that was injured in the hospital wing; the food was just not to Adrian's liking. So when he had so kindly asked for Bianca Larsson to bring him some fish or chips from the previous night's feast and she didn't, he was quite disappointed; he would have at least gone to bed at a reasonable hour had he known that she wasn't coming.

     So, as he waltzed into the great hall for breakfast, a healed femur (although still very stiff) and an empty stomach, he had to make a quick stop at the Gryffindor table.

     "Adrian. How lovely to see you walking," Bianca faked a smile as she noticed him walk over in her direction.

     "Great to be back," he mirrored the smile she had given him. That was until he made eye contact with the girl sat on the other side of Bianca; her yellow robes and all. Adrian gritted his teeth.