xv. cho chang ✔

the kiss list, adrian pucey
𝒏𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

the kiss list, adrian pucey𝒏𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

chapter fifteen
number 4: CHO CHANG

✧ ━━━ · ✦ · ━━━ ✧

     BIANCA LARSSON AND ADRIAN PUCEY were in fact enemies or at least had a strong dislike for the other one, but there was never an awkward silence. Not even a minute where the two would be in each other's presence without a snide expound about how Bianca had no life or an insult towards how Adrian's hair looked that day. Or a lovely reminder to the girl about her past decisions about drinking alcohol and how it was in fact the person she hated the most that had saved her from any further self-inflicted humiliation. Or maybe how Adrian had so gracefully played a game of Quidditch and ended up crying on the pitch's floor, with a broken femur and an overreaction. Nonetheless, an uncomfortable silence was a rare if not a non-existent thing for the couple. Up until now ─ when one fell between the two, as Adrian shuffled to the empty seat beside her, in the middle of class.

     "What did I miss?" he asked, in a quiet tone, as he got comfortable beside her.

     "It's Lockhart, so nothing," she said bluntly, not taking her eyes off of the front of the classroom.

     He stifled a chuckle, "Good to know."

     He slouched into the back of his chair, now focussing on the cracks in the walls of the cobblestone-surrounded classroom. Lockhart's story-telling was the only sound in the entire room but seen as they were more towards the back, Adrian couldn't help but make conversation.

     "I am sorry by the way."

     She paused before replying, "For what?"

     "The fight. You were right ─ it was uncalled for."

     "It's your punishment." she shrugged, yet her head hadn't left the front.

     "Yeah, well, it wasn't that bad." he shrugged.

     Now was the first time she actually looked at him. Adrian's bruise was dark and she could tell it was painful. He had managed to open his eyes a little more since he sat down, but the swelling was bound to get worse.

     "What was it?"

     "A week's detention."

     Bianca never really got detentions, so whether this was as bad as it sounded, she didn't know. He didn't seem to think so.

     She averted her gaze back to the teacher and nodded her head slowly, in time with the clock on the wall, above Lockhart's head.

     It was now that she was beginning to feel slightly guilty about how she reacted previously. He defended her, was that such a bad thing? She could never bring herself to say "thank you" or show any type of gratitude towards him because of his little "act of chivalry" ─ she had more dignity than that. And, she may have thought how she reacted was slightly dramatic, but that doesn't mean she thinks that she was in the wrong at any point.