x. maxine o'flaherty ✔

the kiss list, adrian pucey
𝒔𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

the kiss list, adrian pucey𝒔𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

chapter ten
number 9: MAXINE O'FLAHERTY

✧ ━━━ · ✦ · ━━━ ✧

     BIANCA WOKE UP WITH A RATHER BIG yawn to the aching in the crook of her neck. She opened her eyes and was immediately blinded by the rays of sun seeping through the windows of the hospital wing. She lifted her head off of her shoulder and squinted her eyes a few times to wake herself up. She was leaning back into a chair, her arms crossed over her chest and her legs on top of one another stretched out in front of her.

     She sat up, with another yawn, and looked to her left to see Adrian Pucey, peacefully sleeping and slightly snoring in a comfortable position in the hospital wing bed beside her; a greasy napkin on the table, where three sausages once were.

     'I slept here?' Bianca thought to herself.

      She glanced to the steel alarm clock, resting on its two legs, besides Adrian, on his bedside.

     8:37 am.

     She had lessons in less than half an hour. She hasn't showered. Hasn't eaten (her currently growling stomach reminded her of that). She hadn't got her books for the lessons she had that day. And she had spent the night with Adrian Pucey, going against her Prefect duties and her morals.

     "Miss Larsson?" she heard a quaint voice speak, causing Bianca to whip her head up in surprise, to soon stare up at Madam Pomfrey. She sat up straighter once she realized she was in the presence of a member of staff, "What are you doing here?"

     She looked at the nurse, then at the boy, and eventually back to the nurse, who was standing over her, waiting for an answer, "Uhh. I uh-" she stumbled on her words, waiting for deceit to come to her mind, "Came uh t-to visit! Just briefly." she smiled.

     "Did you want him to be asleep?" she queried.

     Bianca looked back at the boy, who was in fact, still asleep through it all, making her cover-up story, awfully creepy.

     "No?" she asked, questioning her own words that she had just told the nurse, "Well, I haven't got long until lessons, so I should probably get going." she slowly nodded her head.

     "Yes, you probably should." Madam Pomfrey agreed. "Mr. Pucey will be out most likely at the start of next week, but you can visit your boyfriend on weekends. It's not a bad break, but visiting during school hours is not permitted, Miss Larsson."

     Bianca paused for a moment at the sound of someone referring to Adrian as 'her boyfriend'. She shuddered slightly but didn't find herself correcting the nurse before her. She couldn't tell whether it was because she couldn't be bothered altering what the woman had said, or whether it was something else. Bianca opted for a blunt reply instead.