ꜱɪx

FLASHBACK

SORA POV

"Sora put on your seatbelt!" My mother nags at me.

"I'm sorry I can't put on my seatbelt at lightning speed," I say sarcastically as my mother rolls her eyes at me.

"Did you have to get my sarcasm?" She says as I smile brightly.

"I'm so proud of you for winning against those middle schoolers. Did you see how tall some of them were?" She says as she starts the engine.

"They were taller than some of the people in my school." Taeyong says as I just quietly smile, gripping onto my soccer trophy tightly.

Our mom turns into the road that leads to our house. "Mom, I really hate living up in the mountains. Can we move?" I whisper as I look out the glass window and down the narrow hills that lead up to our home.

"You're just scared of this road because of that car crash that happened last year. Nothing will happen to us, don't worry-"

CRASH!

A car, that really came out of nowhere, crashed into mom's car, flying us of the road and down the mountain. We tumbled down the rocks and the trees for what seemed like forever. There were dents left in almost every spot of the car.

My eyes were open for the entire time. What on earth just happened?

"Eomma? Eomma!" I hear Taeyong frantically scream as he looks over to our mom's lifeless body.

I was left dumbfounded.

She's not dead, she just fell asleep! Yeah, that's what happened...

~

Taeyong holds my hand tightly as we watch our dad and a couple of our uncles bury the grave where our mom was buried. It just doesn't make sense! She can't die, she can't leave us...

Although, as much as I felt sad, tears refused to fall. My younger brother, Jeno, hugs tightly to my left leg.

"Noona, where is mom going?" He asks me.

I sigh. "She's going somewhere better. Don't worry about it."

Taeyong harshly lets go of my hand. "What do you mean, 'don't worry about it'? She's dead, and there's nothing we can do about it. So stop telling Jeno little lies!" He yells at me before rushing off into the distance, leaving me astonished.

Taeyong has never yelled at me. Actually, Taeyong has never yelled. He was always so sweet, what happened?

My dad quickly notices Taeyong's disappearance and walks away from the grave.

Jeno hugs my leg harder. "Where did Taeyong go?"

"I don't know, Jeno."

"I don't know."