Chapter 6

Enjoy Chapter six. Please stay tuned at the end for an amazing true story that happened while I was writing this chapter.

***

Kyo's Pov

Over the next hour, I slowly finish the broth. Sometimes talking with Tohru between slurps, but mostly sitting in silence. After I've drained the bowl dry, I hand it back to her, savoring the feeling of a full stomach at last. From downstairs. I hear the ding of the microwave.

"Hey, is there something in the microwave?"

"Ah, I forgot," her eyes widen and she gets up from the floor, taking the bowl and spoon with her. "I'll be right back."

She walks out of the room, only to return a few moments later with a glass of milk. My head becomes alert, my mental cat ears perking up. To my surprise, however, Tohru doesn't return alone, she has Momiji in tow behind her. They come in, shutting the door behind them. Tohru hands the glass over to me and sits back down.

"I had Shigure heat it, but I added the honey since he didn't know how much to add," she says. "Three spoons, right?" I nod.

"Thanks." I take the glass from her, the steam fanning my face, bringing it up to my lips.

"Careful don't choke yourself."

"I won't," I try to say, the sound muffled by the milk reaching my lips and entering my mouth. Tohru tilts her head, watching as I start draining the contents.

"Just curious," she starts. I take my lips away from the rim of the glass and look at her. "How long has it been since you've had something to eat?"

"Hmmm let me think." I hold up my hand, counting each day. "Five, I've been without food for five days and very little water in the same amount of time."

"Five days?" Momiji pipes up, his eyebrows drawn together. "You were without food for five days Kyo? But I thought Hatori said you had servants who came in and cared for you."

"I did," I reply. I let out a sigh, looking into my glass. "But Akito cut them loose when I... The reasoning is not important." Momiji's gaze lowers, his shoulders dropping slightly

"Kyo before I say what I'm about to say, promise you won't turn into a big meanie."

"If you promise not to give me a reason to, I won't," is what I want to say. 'What is it?"

"I just want to let you know, If I would've known where you were and what you were going through, I would've come to visit you every chance I could."

I mentally sigh. Great, just what I need. Pity from the rabbit. I shake my head

"Thanks, but you could've been punished severely by Akito if she found you out," I bring the glass back up to my lips and start sipping.

As I continue to slurp, my mind drifts back towards what might be going on with the zodiacs of the Sohma family, and apparently me. My pulse increases. I have to know, now more than ever. Bringing the milk down from my lips, I turn to face Tohru and Momiji.

"Do you two know what's going on, with the zodiacs I mean?" My body posture perks up slightly. "Master and Shigure both couldn't or wouldn't tell me when I tried to ask them." I let out a sigh. "I'm starting to think nobody wants me to know."

The two of them look at each other and give each other a nod. After a few seconds, they turn back to face me, their eyes sparkling.

"Yes of course we do." Momiji response. "In fact, by now everyone knows. It's not like no one wanted you to know, It's the others who wanted to wait till Tohru and I got to you to explain everything since you might not believe us, " he turns back to Tohru. "You want to take it from here?"