Chapter 2

Wow, thank you so much for your support for Chapter 1. I was crying at the end of this chapter.

Something to note from the start of this chapter. Kyo mentions a place called the Zodiac Temple. This is a reference to the stone room we see at the start of episode one. I didn't know what to call it. Also if what Hatori orders Akito to do sounds a bit OOC, I just wanted to slap her, (can you blame me?)

Happy Reading:-)

***

Kyo's POV

I'm standing in a room lit only by candlelight, making the walls look darker. From the looks of it, I'm not in the cat's room anymore. Confused, I look around, trying to find out where I am and how I might've gotten here.

I walk over to the nearest wall and feel it, the surface feels hard, my guess is stone. First clue, I'm not on the Somha Estate, none of the houses are made out of stone, minus the foundation they all sit on. Looking up at the ceiling, I notice it looks never-ending seemingly going up forever. I walk to my starting point, looking down at the wooden floor, then I see it. My head starts to throb, getting a stiff neck and jaw

On the floor is a large Chinese zodiac symbol, and from the looks of it, it appears to be glowing slightly. I need no more clues; I now know where I am.

I'm in the Zodiac Temple, but why?

Something moves across the room, catching my eye. Slowly, I bring my eyes up, a sour taste forming in my mouth. Sitting directly across from me on the other side of the symbol is an orange cat, it's the one I turn into because of the curse. He sits there looking at me, eyes intent, and tail moving relaxed. There's a candle by him, giving his fur a fiery appearance in the flame. it moves, lowering and cocking its head slightly.

"Rooster, dog, boar," I hear in my head. The voice sounds old and wise, like Mr. Miyagi from Karate Kid. The cat looks at me. "We're the only two left out of this thing, silly Rat" Hearing this last comment makes me mad.

I ball my hands into fists, red hot anger flushing through my body. "I hate the spirit of the cat," I spit. "it's my curse to bear, you don't know what it's like to be me." Black dots flash in my vision, legs starting to tremble, but I stay on my feet. "Because of the curse of the cat, I can't have a normal life. It's because of that darned rat, I sometimes wish I were never born." The cat stands, tail going still, eyes dead set on me.

"Like it or not, young one, I will always be a part of you. However, because of the selfless act of one of the others, you're ready for the next stage."

"Wha- "

"No time to explain," the cat says, sounding urgent. "Time is of the essence. Hold still."

He starts for me. Once his paws hit the symbol, it glows brighter. Adrenaline mixes with the heat coursing through my body. I try to back away, but it's as if my feet have somehow been bolted to the floor.

He's a stride away from me, but instead of colliding with me on his next bound, he becomes translucent, almost see-through, and passes right through me, emitting an orange light as he goes. Eyes going wide, I feel my heart start to race.

"What's going o..." I try to ask, but I'm cut off.

"She needs you just as you need her." I feel a locking sensation, followed by the tingling feeling your foot gets after it's been asleep. "Good luck, Kyo Sohma. The rest is up to you."