Mental Health

Autors note 👉🏽👈🏽

Hey guys, Happy new years.
Thanks for reading this far, I'm really grateful so bear with me a little longer. The story is a bit longer than I thought but its worth it.

------------

On Tuesday I finally got the phone call I'd been waiting for and rushed over to the hospital.

"M..mom", her head jerked in my direction and her smile beamed happiness as she saw my face. "Excuse my being late sweetheart", she softly chuckled and I fell into her arms as she hugged me tightly holding back her own tears.

She then saw Levi after I finally let her go after he managed to say hi to her. "Hello hun, I take it you took care of my Eren. Thank you for your hard work", Levi sat in the guest chair and bowed out of politeness "No problem Auntie", mom lit up again pulling Levi into a hug which he didn't expect yet he hugged her back with a dismal smile. "I've never been called Auntie before, I like it".

Mom was released after a couple of hours and Levi helped me bring her home. I had her favorite ingredients in the refrigerator all ready to make her favorite dinner. "You kept the house clean, but it's quite chilly", she shuddered rubbing her arms.

I brought her a blanket wrapping it around her therefore she thanked me. After cooking dinner, mom headed to bed early and I retreated to my room after cleaning the kitchen.

----
Private chat

Eren: thanks..

Levi: for?

Eren: everything

10 minutes later

Levi: I miss you

Eren: same here

----

His last text message made me smile as I texted goodnight and went to bed myself.

---Saturday---

Mom came with me to my therapists appointment after she rested a week. She went in first to talk to my therapist, while I waited outside. I hadn't seen Levi since Tuesday or been in contact with him, which worried me a bit.

Teary eyed mom came outside and pulled me into a sudden hug. "Sorry sweetie, I was trying my best", she sniffled and I was a bit frustrated with my therapist not understanding what she said to mom.

After my mom calmed down, I headed inside to see her where she always sat. She had my favorite, pity smile. A sigh escaped me as I sat down anxious to find out what everyone else around me knew.

She asked me to explain how my week was  and I truthfully explained how it went but I was hesitant about Levi. However I gave in telling her I missed him, that being the last sentence of my explanation. My doctor placed the two tests before me as well as small boxes.

"So after our two therapy sessions now three including this one and a private talk with your mother and school nurse. I've come to a conclusion. Both of your tests confirmed my diagnosis theories. You have depression which could grow worse if we don't treat it now which is why I have these pills, I'll come to them later though. Also slight ptsd considering your attacks when you come in contact with cars as well as your constant nightmares. I also can't take your eating disorder lightly, which is clearly a side effect of the growing depression. Whens the last time you ate a whole meal", she explained then asking a question I had no answer to.

"The last time I saw Levi", I muttered still processing what she had told me. I was fully aware of my eating situation but now she was dropping more on me. I didn't have depression, I was perfectly fine.

"I have medication to help you with your depression and PTSD, heres setraline, I suggest starting with 25 mg a day however write down what side effects you're having at the beginning and if its working, we'll increase your dosage and the second medication would be until you can normally eat again, that would be appetite stimulants. I understand you may not fully grasp the seriousness of your situation Eren and I need you to know I'm not forcing you, I can't but I also would like you to know, this is for your health", Mom and Levi popped into mind, if I could get better and clear up the constant fogginess.

"I'll take them, thank you very much", before I left she gave me a sheet with side effects that could occur and made sure I knew how to take my medication. Mom took me home in the car, she didn't know I had a fear of cars but we didn't drive a lot which made it bearable. Mom didn't huddle over me, thats what made her a great mom. She waited for me to be ready to talk.