Eat

The question took me by surprise, I was eating just fine. Last time I ate was, I didn't know the answer but I knew I did eat. Maybe I forgot to breakfast this morning.

"But I don't refuse food", the nurse looked at me and wrote something down on the clipboard. Before I could ask what she was writing, the door slid open and Levi came inside. The nurse looked irritated at first but by a second glance amused as she saw his face. "I told you to wait outside".

He continued to walk towards me with a slight hostile aura and I thought he might kill me. "Nothing you do will help him. Hanji please let me take him", his voice sounded sad but I didn't see it on his face. He wasn't giving me the pity look I expected, his face was calm and collected. I wondered what was going through his mind.

The nurse looked at him and grinned beforehand looking at me with her usual work face. She wanted my consent and I gave a small nod. In a flash I was picked up wrapping my arms around his neck so I wouldn't fall. "Levi, I'm capable of walking", I said as we got to the classroom yet he ignored me placing me on a desk before picking up our bags. "Get on my back", he demanded, there was no sign in his tone that made it possible for me to argue.

We stopped at a small ramen shop and Levi handed me a menu as he looked over his own. "I'll just have what you have", I concluded since I couldn't bring myself to find anything good looking. Was I being like this the whole time?

He ordered two bowls of cutlet pork ramen and minutes later they sat the bowls in front of us. The feeling of realizing of what the nurse told me overwhelmed me, I felt nothing as I stared at the perfectly portioned bowl of ramen before me. "Eat" he exhorted as he picked up his chopsticks breaking them apart.

I overcame the will not to eat, slurping my noodles down, as soon as I tasted the first few. I gulfed the whole bowl down unaware of how hungry I had been. After days of feeling dizzy and tired, this satisfying feeling of satiety overcame me.

Levi walked me home without asking questions or talking me to death. We simply walked home together in silence. As we got to my door, he looked up at me from the bottom of the steps. "Levi", his eyes pierced through me and I felt embarrassed trying to avoid facing the look he was giving me. It made me wanna, I don't know. What did I want from Levi.
"Yeager", his voice softly reverted back to me and I knew I wanted him to stay by me.

"Sleep over", he walked up the steps giving me the go ahead to go in meaning he'd stay.

"How was school boys", my moms voice made me freeze up and I didn't know what to answer. "It was great, we ate Ramen after school", Levi swept in to save me and mom was pleased thereafter talking to us a bit before we could go upstairs.

"I told Mikasa I love her", I suddenly blurted out as we watched my favorite attack on titan movie. For some reason his head was on my shoulder however I had no desire to push him away. "Is that something new?", he questioned focusing more on the movie than what I said.  "It's not. Its just one day I'll marry her and have kids but you'll be their uncle right", my life was already planned by everyone else around me but Levi was the one who I wanted no matter what anyone said. I wanted to be friends with him forever, he was the only friend who understood me. He'd be a great uncle.

"Sure", the tone of his voice was the same as ever. Clear and cold.

------

Happy holidays everyone °❆。ヾ(*´▽`*)ノ❄°。