The Elevator part 1

Mr. Poe ran into a pole. I giggled, slowly cheering up condisering.......

"Has anyone seen the numbers 667, Nevermind it's right by this pole I ran into." We walked in and I said 

"Another set of our mysterous of our parents friends that we don't even know." we tried to walk in but the doorman stopped us.

"Names" The doorman asked

"I'm Violet, and my siblings Y/n, Klaus, and Sunny"  Violet greeted I waved at the doorman.

"Ah, yes we've been expecting you." He looks at Mr. Poe and says "Who is this, friend of yours?" 

"Oh he works at the bank" Klaus said. 

"I know the type. In fact, you'll be staying with the city's sixth most important financial advisor and her spouse. Mr. and Mrs. Squalor live in the penthouse, which is the top floor of 667 Dark Avenue, the most fashionable and secure building in town. Rest assured, Count Olaf won't be able to get in or out of this building. Sorry about the lighting. Dark is in." 

"In what?" I asked. 

"Just in. You can take these stairs to the penthouse." The doorman replied

"Is the elevator out of order? I'm good with mechanical devices. I'd be happy to look at it." Violet Asked

"A kind and unusual offer, but it's not out of order. It's just . I'll phone the penthouse and tell them to expect you within the hour." I have no idea what they mean by in and out, does t have to do with our new guardens. We split our ways, Mr. Poe had to go look for Count Olaf. I shivered even just thinking of his name. 

"People who live in penthouses are usually rich and powerful." Klaus said. I responded 

"Well, then I hope they can help us find the Quagmires. We don't have a clue where Olaf could have taken them." We  were getting tired from walking when we reached the penthouse I noticed two elevators and not just one like the other floors, I knew that I wasn't the only one that noticed when Klaus says

"That's odd. There's two sets of elevator doors. See? On every other floor, there's just one." I nodded, I suddently started to feel very dizzy. I grabbed onto the railing and put my head  down trying to regain my ballance. I heard a a door open.

"You must be the Baudelaires. Welcome. The door's always unlocked. My name is Jerome Squalor. I'm so happy you've come to stay with us. Is she ok?" Klaus looked at me and wishpered

"Y/n you ok, is the baby fine?" I nodded "Yeah It's fine" 

"Oh, goodness, you must be out of breath from that climb. Well, luckily, I can think of two things to do about that. One, you can stop calling me Mr. Squalor and start calling me Jerome. And number two, I am gonna make you a nice, cold martini. Come this way." Violet came and steadyed me. And we walked in.

"Isn't that a acholic drink" Klaus asked 

"Ha ha ha! Usually it is. But aqueous martinis are out in." 

"Aqueous martinis?" Violet asked

"It's just cold water in a fancy glass with an olive in it." That does sound good i have been craving something sour, sunny ready my mind.

"Choooooo" 

"Make it a double  she said" 

"We've never had aqueous martinis before, but we'll try them." Violet said 

<<Time skip  brought to you by preggant cravings>>

We sipped our Aqueous martinis and a woman with platin Blond hair came out from two doors. 

"Orphans were out then, but now they're in. Good evening." The woman said  

"Well, it's mid-morning, my precious." 

"I'm Esmé Gigi Geniveve Squalor, the city's sixth most important financial advisor. Even though I am unbelievably wealthy, you may call me Esmé. I'll learn your names later. I'm very happy you're here, because orphans are in, and when all my friends hear that I have three real live orphans, they'll be sick with jealousy, won't they, Jerome?" She said as she was walking down the stairs." Children, here are things you should know. Dark is in, light is out. Stairs are in, elevators are out. Pinstripe suits are..." 

"In" I whispered. 

"Those horrible clothes you're wearing are out." I looked down at my clothes they were wared out because they were hand-me downs. I would love to get out of these clothes but what if they don't fit. 

Jorome took us to a room. I plooped onto the bed grabbed one of Duncan's sweatshirts and put it on over the pinstripe suit. The others went to the living room while I stayed in the room, cuddling a pillow. Duncan is gone cause of me, if we didn't even go to the acadamy he would be there safe and sound.  I started crying, I think Sunny heared me cause she hopped onto the chair and crawled onto the bed, and cuddled me.

 After having a good cry, I had Sunny in my hands and we went into the living room where everyone was.  I saw Count Olaf I thought he was gone but I guess not. All of a sudden I didn't feel so good I looked for something to grab onto, I couldn't find anything. Everything was spinning. I saw everyone look at me and then black. Darkness. 

<<That's the end of this chapter I hope you liked it. I do must of these by memory so I am sorry if I got some of it wrong. I love y'all drink lots of water. 

****The World Is Quiet Here******