E i g h t h N i g h t Pt. 1

October 4, 2019

Moonbyul's pov...

"You really wanna do this Byul?" my attorney asked me as he handed me a folder containing something very important.

We are now sitting inside a bar, in front of us are different kinds of liquors that can erase the misery I am feeling right at this moment.

"Byul this is a serious matter. It's not just her who will suffer if you--"

"Thank you for this Mr. Lee and for everything you've done for me" I said as I smiled at him "now can I please have a private time for myself?"

He just looked at me for a few seconds before picking up his briefcase and stood up. He turned his back and was ready to leave the bar when he stopped his tracks and said...

"Ms. Moon, I really admire your kindness and pure heartedness" he started "but let me tell you this, too much kindness can turn to you being selfish.

I looked at him with confusion evident in my eyes.

"Goodnight Ms. Moon and it was a pleasure being your attorney"

And then he walks away, leaving me alone here in this bar with too many thoughts running in my head.

'What did he mean by that?'

I just stared at my glass of whiskey not knowing how I will spend my last night with her.

'Will she forgive me for this?'

I picked up my glass and started twirling it.

'Will she be mad or just sad? or both?'

Then I had enough of it. I drank it in one swift motion, picked up the folder, and made my way out of the bar.

After a couple of minutes of driving, here I am standing outside her door. I knocked twice and waited for the door to open and say the thoughts that are in my head right now.

I lowered my head for a bit since I was feeling dizzy because of the alcohol when the door opened. I looked up and smiled at her.

"Hey Hyej..."

Hyejin pov...

"Hey Hyej..." Byul said while her body swaying side to side ever so slowly

I eyed her head to toe and observed her stance. Before I could say anything she attempted to step inside my apartment when she almost fell face first if I didn't catch her.

'Yep she is slightly drunk'

I helped her go inside and sat her on my couch.

"Stay there, I'm going to make you some--"

"Hyej I'll give my heart to her"

That stopped me in my tracks. My stomach started twisting as a cold sweat ran down my neck.

'She's joking right? Well she is drunk to...'

"Unnie just stay still and don't talk too much nonsense--"

"I am not Hyej..."

She took something from her back and put it in front of her.

'A folder?'

"Unnie what's that?"

"My last will and testament" she said as she looked at me straight into my eyes.

'FVCK IS SHE JOKING RIGHT NOW OR WHAT?'

"Unnie this isn't funny at all" I said as I walked towards her and sat beside her while picking up the folder.