Part 69- Cassiopeia's POV

"Oh, hey Cassiopeia. How was your holidays?"

I look over at my dormmates but I don't say anything to them. I just change into my pyjamas and curl up in my bed.

"Or not that works too I guess." One of them grumbles to the others which makes them all giggle.

I lie in my bed silently as the other girls go around the room and get their things ready for bed. They talk in hushed tones and I'm too lazy to listen hard enough to hear what they're saying. It's obviously about me.

Mum said that I have to be careful. That she's worried about me. Then we lied in the grass and watched the sun fade out of the sky before we went back into Nan and Pop's place for dinner. I don't want to be a burden to them, I don't want my parents sitting around waiting for the other shoe to drop... but I can't help it. I'm not like them, I'm not a Weasley like the other people in my family. I feel more connected to the Blacks than anything. I think it's time I stop pretending, that I figure out exactly who I am and do that, be that. And if that means not running around with my cousins and siblings, and drooling over the things in Dad's shop then so be it.

I wake up before everyone else and stand in front of my trunk staring at all the different black clothes I have. I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror, my short hair, big eyes, pointed chin. I look back at my clothes and think for a minute before I start to get dressed. I put on my white button-down that I have to wear for school, and a green and black plaid skirt. As I tuck my shirt into my skirt, I stare at the wall thinking hard.

"Screw it," I mutter to myself. I dig through my trunk and find a pair of fishnet tights that I've had forever but never worn and pull them on, before putting on socks and big black boots. I pick up my bag and my robes and tie before heading out of my dorm.

Dominique is sitting on the couch in the common room all alone. She looks up at me and wipes a few tears off her face, "You look different." She says to me.

I put my bag on the ground and put on my school robes, "Do I?"

She nods and sniffs her nose, "I dunno what you've been going through recently but it's changed you. Your vibes are different."

"Thanks, I think..."

"You're welcome."

We stay like that for a second, "You alright?" I say to her.

"Not in the slightest." She stands from the couch and stretches her arms up in the air. Her arms fall back to her sides and she looks at me, "This never happened okay? I don't cry."

"Alright yeah, whatever you want."

She walks past me and back into the hallway that the girl's dorms are in. She stops, turns around, and says, "It's a good change if I didn't make it obvious. I don't know what changed, but it's good."

"Okay..."

She goes back into the dorms, the door closes behind her quietly. I put my tie around my neck, not bothering to actually tie it up before picking up my bag and heading out into the corridor. There are a few students milling around but by the looks of things the castle is still asleep.

Instead of heading towards the great hall for breakfast, I walk in the opposite direction, past the potions classrooms and out the door at the end of the hall. It's the fastest way to get out of the castle through the dungeons.

It's nice out, no clouds in the sky, the sun slowly getting brighter and brighter. I walk along the lake and go over to the big tree that is right on the shore. It's my favourite tree on the entire grounds. The big roots hanging off of the shore and going deep into the dark water below. I put my bag down and fish my wand out from in between my books.