Ch. 9

Kawaki kept going for a while, not at all paying attention to Boruto and Sarada. He kept straight ahead for a whole hour without realizing. He then noticed that he couldn't sense their chakra with him. He stopped for a moment and looked down, only to find out that they were gone. He gasped as his eyes widened.

Kawaki POV
How long have they been gone? And how could I have been so blind and lost in thought that I didn't even notice until now?

He looks up at the sun which is a little more to the west, meaning that it could have been hours since they've disappeared. Last time he checked, the sun was right in the middle of the sky. It could've been around 2:30pm at the time but now, it's around 5 or 6pm.

"Shit." He whispers under his breath.

Their mission could be ending very soon. I need to get to them. Find them. I need them dead. Maybe I'll spare the little Uchiha but Boruto has to go.

And with that said, he quickly jumps over the trees going directly behind him while looking for the two teenagers down into the trees and on the ground.

Kawaki looked for them for two hours until he saw the sun was setting and eventually, he came across a big lake with a small cave beside it for shelter.

"Perfect. I guess it's my lucky day." He says with a slight smile.

The sun has now fully set and he's getting comfortable. His plan to attack Boruto and Sarada during their slumber obviously isn't going to happen but he plans on attacking early in the morning so he's going to sleep at 8pm so he is energized and ready for what is to come.

Like I mentioned in my last chapter, this was only Kawaki's thoughts just so that you guys weren't curious on what he was doing or where he was. The next chapter will be all Boruto and Sarada.