Ch. 12

Boruto and Sarada have been walking for two hours now, meaning that it's noon. So far, everything is going fine and there is no sight of Kawaki anywhere. And I know what you might be doing thinking. Wasn't Kawaki planning on attacking them in the morning? Let me explain.

Kawaki did wake up early enough to attack but he had to look for them first. He spent hours looking for them and couldn't find them since they were in such an invisible spot. He planned to spent his entire day looking for them but he took a break and fell asleep underneath a tree. So he's off their tails for a while. Anyways, back to the story.

Sarada looked up at the sky and noticed a hawk. But not just any hawk. It was her father's hawk. Sarada's eyes lit up in excitement that meant that they were close. She squealed while jumping up and down and screamed, "Papa! I get to see my Papa soon!" Boruto just stares at her in confusion as she continued to squeal.

"What on Earth are you babbling about woman?" He asked her. "Look, Boruto! The hawk! In the sky!" Once Boruto noticed he gasped and looked over at his friend who had the biggest smile on her face. He hasn't seen Sarada this happy since Boruto bought her an American Girl Doll in the second grade.

"What are we going to do now? We know he's nearby." Sarada stops jumping and giggles. "We follow it, silly!" She says as she runs in the same direction as the hawk. "Hey! Wait for me!" Boruto exclaims, running after her.

Boruto POV
Did she just call me silly? Out of all people who knew that the Sarada Uchiha would call me silly. I let out a chuckle at the thought while Sarada grabs ahold of my hand so that she doesn't lose me while chasing the bird.

Even though we only spent about 15 minutes running through the forest, I have never felt more free. Sarada stops running and I bump into her.

"Ow." I groan as I rub my forehead. Sarada would usually insult me in situations like these by calling me Baka or she would yell at me and tell me to watch where I'm going. But she didn't. I look at her and ask, "Hellooo. Earth to Sarada." She still remains silent. Her mouth is open and her pupils are widened. Boruto turns his gaze from Sarada to the view in front of him.

Then his jaw drops. It's a huge field. But just any field. It's a field covered in flowers of all colors and types. Sunflowers, many different colors of roses, daises, tulips, daffodils, etc. The hawk continues to fly but Sarada doesn't notice. She is to mesmerized by the flower field to notice Saskue in the far distance across the field. I decide that it would be best if I shake Sarada out of her trance.

Once I shake her, she gasps and puts her hand on her chest, trying to catch her breath. I can tell that she feels alarmed. "Boruto! What the heck was that?"

I stare at her, annoyed, and point my finger towards Saskue. She gasps and runs towards him, making her way through the field of the many flowers. I take off after her and smile. "Papa!" Sarada yells as Saskue turns around to see his daughter running towards him. She jumps into his arms as he wraps his arms tightly around her.

Narrator POV
Boruto watches the two from a distance to give them a private moment. After a few minutes, he walks up to Saskue to say hello. Saskue glares at him and says, "Are you two here by yourselves?" Sarada giggles and replies, "Yeah! Lord Seventh sent us on our first mission alone!" Boruto puts on a slight smile and Saskue says, "I see." Saskue gives Boruto an even deeper glare as Boruto lets out a nervous laugh.

"How long have you two been out here... alone?" Boruto chuckles while running the back of his neck and says, "This would be the third day." Saskue lets out a "Hm", and looks over to his daughter. "Does this mean we can go home now?" Sarada asks. Saskue closes his eyes and sighs. "Yes. We can go home now."

The father and daughter walked home along with Boruto, who walked behind the two so that they could have more space with each other. After walking for what felt like forever, they finally arrived at the gate of the Hidden Leaf Village.

Boruto parted ways with Saskue and Sarada but slipped a note into her hand before they completely split. He found a paper and pen in his pocket and wrote on it while they were still walking.

Once Sarada got home, she greeted her mother and opened the note. Inside, it read,
———————————————————————————
Sarada,
meet me at Crystal park at 6pm. Sharp. I'll be
waiting for you on the slide.
Love, Boruto
———————————————————————————
Sarada smiled at the note and put it back into her pocket. It's already 5:30pm so she went to the bathroom to go shower since she hasn't shower in three days.

She let her hair air dry and put on an oversized t shirt, leggings, and her regular shoes. She usually doesn't wear this type of outfit outside of her house but she decided to do so since her normal outfit was dirty and she won't be doing much but sitting at a park with Boruto.

Sarada grabbed her favorite black scrunchie to wear on her wrist and went downstairs to see her parents watching a movie together on the couch.

"Hey Mama, I'm going to the park with Boruto. Can I borrow five dollars in case we decide to go get food?" Sakura looks over at Sarada and raises her eyebrows at her. "Is it a date?" Sakura asks her daughter with a smirk on her face. Sarada blushes intensely and shouts, "No! I don't like him like that and he doesn't like me like that. We are just friends." Sakura giggles and Saskue turns back around to focus his stare at the tv. "Ok, fine." Sakura hands Sarada a five dollar bill and waves her goodbye. "Have fun and be good. Be back by 9, I love you!" Sakura shouts to her before Sarada leaves the house.

Since Crystal Park is only a five minute walk from Sarada's house, she was there in an instant and she saw Boruto, sitting on the blue slide, just like he said he would.