Chapter 3

Eleanora's POV

I looked down at my watch, seeing that it was 5.59pm, I decided to round up my work and call it a day. So, I closed all the files on my laptop and shut it down, cleared my desk from the papers and headed to the bathroom to touch up my makeup and fix my hair. I finished in no time at all and decided to wait outside for him- oh shit! I forgot his name!- to come pick me up for our- umm...what do I call it- meeting or hangout? Oh who am I kidding, it's a date. Look at me thinking I don't go on dates anymore.

The honking of a car pulled me out of my trance. When he stepped out of the car, God damn! I thought I was going to faint when I saw him in his white tux, white and black longsleeve inside with two of its buttons undone, his face glowing as ever, his messy yet neat hair which still looked really good and his eyes, the finest of blues. Ocean blue.

We never took our eyes off of each other as he walked up to me. "You look a lot prettier than I remember", I was tongue tied and so lost in his eyes that I didn't realize he was talking. When I regained consciousness, my mouth just flapped open and released anything, "Err, you don't look so bad yourself", understatement of the century. He looked G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S. He flashed me that brain mushing smile of his and I just had to slap myself. But not in front of him of course.

He brought out his hand for me to take while I stood there hesitant to take it out of fear that something bad might happen and when I finally took it, something bad did happen. I felt a spark. It was like electricity running through my veins. And when I thought it was all over, he worsened my situation. He placed his soft lips gently on my hand. God knows that if he wasn't still holding my hand I would have fallen face first on the ground.

He opened the door for me and I quickly went in before my knees could fail me. You know it's quite a wonder. This morning, I was planning on how to commit murder and get away with it when I was kidnapped and laughed at but now, look at me having failed knee caps and in the same car. I surely must be going crazy. But then again, I felt a spark when our hands touched, I wonder if he did too. I pushed those thoughts aside and fastened my seat belt as we zoomed off.

An unbearable silence filled the car for the second time today and I couldn't help but break it, "Sooo...what do you for a living?", I just had to ask something. I'm not used to making conversation with hot men since...actually since highschool. Amber was the popular and outgoing one of both of us while I was the study hard one, yeah, what you're thinking. The nerd. Jeffrey was actually my first boyfriend and I am proud to say that. I think.

"If you'd let me finish in the morning, you would have known", It came out in a bitchy tone or maybe it was just my ears. I don't have the time of the day to respond to his childishness. It wasn't my fault that I was in a bad mood in the morning for being kidnapped. "I'm the CEO and founder of a Multi-Billionaire Tech Company", no wonder the attitude. He's a rich guy, that's why he thinks he's the king of the world. At least he's smart.

"Okay, so which restaurant are we going to?", my curiosity had reached the peak now and since turning in my seat to look at my surroundings wasn't working because it was well, dark, I just had to ask. I should have known he wasn't going to answer by the dumbass smile plastered on his face. "I'm not telling. You'll just have to wait and see".Urghhhh! After another century of silence, we finally arrived there. Lo and behold, it was a grand 5-star restaurant.

We both got out from the car, more like he came out of the driver's seat and ran all the way to my side in a split second before I could even touch the door handle to open the door for me."Did you just...? How in the world did you...?", I couldn't even finish any of my questions and he didn't even bother answering even though he probably knew what I was going to ask. His smile almost burned my eyes as he held out his hand for me to take. I stared blankly at him before looking at the outstretched hand and finally at his face again with one arched eyebrow. Was he serious? After what seemed like hours and he still hadn't dropped his hand I came to the conclusion that he was indeed serious about this. I just stood there, thinking of the pros and cons of doing this but then again, why was I stressing over nothing? It's just walking hand in hand with him. It's not like he was proposing to me or something. You worry too much, Eleanora.