028.

Third Person

as rainn was sleeping, brett watched her slowly heal. his hands ran through her hair as her head laid on his chest.

gerard and monroe had been notified of the absence of rainn from one of their hunters. they now knew that scott's pack now had one of their strongest members back which meant this war just got a lot harder.

in their bunker, they made two types of bullets. one with the same black poison they used on rainn, and the other with the strongest type of wolfsbane for all the wolves.

"it can get in your head, make you see things" scott explained.
"used to look like two ordinary people, but somehow they merged. all we know is that its made of two faces, one human, the other supernatural" lydia said.
"its a shape shifter just like us. it knows what your afraid of, what you fear most" scott stated.
"and know it can kill you just by looking at you" malia added.
"okay so your telling me we have to go up against this thing blind and face our deepest fear?" stiles asked.
"yeah.. why, what so you fear most?" scott questioned.
"blindness"
"becoming blind?" derek asked, already annoyed with stiles.
"yeah, terrified of it, always have been.. this seems to be a situation of unfortunate overlap"
"lydia, you and stiles need to find argent and get to the armory, rescue jackson" scott said.
"i dont think we have time to wait for him. i've gotten through those doors, i can do it again" lydia added.
"can we slow it down for one second and make sure im grasping this. so, were actually talking about doing this? were gonna do exactly what gerard wants us to? is that right?" stiles asked.
"i think that if we stop the anuk-ite, we stop it all" scott said.
"stoping this thing could stop gerard and the hunters" derek said, sounding more like a question.
"not all of them are hunters"
"hes right, most of them are ordinary people acting out of fear"
"monroes not gonna change.. but i think that we can reach the others, most of them actually"
"the anuk-ite is causing them to come from a place of fear"
"well fears pretty motivating, especially when it leads to anger"
"and i think that if we can take out the dear, we can take out the fight in them too.. their afraid of us, but they dont have to be. they just have to change their minds."
"well we have to change our minds"
"okay, we can face the anuk-ite. we can try to fight it blind. we can try to face our fears. but we still need to know how to catch it"
"we will figure that out, we always do"
"oh, its nice to see someone hasnt lost their optimisim"
"not yet"
"i have. i mean i just fainted at the sight of blood which may i add, was my sisters blood who can somehow make a magical glowing barrier. when i was a nogitsune, i felt like killing people, why couldnt i get her powers? shes cooler"
"we will buy you time, scott" lydia changed the subject.
"who knows, maybe jackson has the answer"
"maybe argent will come back with one"
"you two, your with me, and we need peter. anyone who could help stop this thing or slow it down"
"where we headed?"
"the highschool"
"thats where were gonna find this thing?"
"no.. it'll find us"
"brett, once rainn wakes up, meet us at the hospital" scott added as brett nodded.

as derek, malia and scott walked into the highschool, they found peter turned to stone.

"he's not dead, he cant be" malia stated.
"theres a heartbeat but its faint, and were not alone" derek said as they all turned around.
"scott?"
"i think i know how to catch it"

as malia ran down the steps, scott and derek followed. they heard a gun cock back as they turned around to see monroe standing just before a bullet pierced into scott's chest.

"scott?"
"no no no, im okay! dont let her get away!"
"your not okay, its yellow wolfsbane. it'll kill you" derek said while looking at him.

rainn was now at eichen house while brett went to the school. rainn had promised to meet him there after searching for her father sinc ehe wasnt home like usual. as she walked into eichen house, she saw her dad slowly walking in.