Chapter 6

(In Neils's voice) Recap of chapter 5 of You.....Alive?
No pulse, no heartbeat. No vitals. Neil says to Audrey.

What happened? Audrey asks.

She collapsed right in my arms. Neil says.

(In My voice) Chapter 6

Neil sat on the waiting chair.

After a few mins......
Dr Glassman came out of the room.

She is alright, Neil just needed to change her meds, she can go Glassman said.

Neil wiped off his tears, sniffed. Then went in.

Gabbi was sitting there with Audrey. They both were laughing while Audrey talked to her.

Neil, come sit. Audrey said as she saw Neil standing by the doorframe.

Neil entered and sat there, holding Gabbi s hand.

Audrey then left. Neil sat by Gabbi for a while.

Then he picked her up and carried her to his car.

Then Audrey came running. I am off, so we are going together. She said.

Alright. Neil said laughing.

Then they both dropped Gabbi at the care home and Neil drove to their home.

They both were lying down it was a crazy day, never had Neil cried like this. But he loved his sister to death and would do anything for her.

So you are angry? Audrey asked Neil.

Why would I Be? Neil asked.

Cause I didn't tell you about that quitting as cheif thing. Audrey said.

I am sure you had your reasons. Neil said.

Yeah, I couldn't figure out how to tell you. Audrey said.

I know, just don't hide something again this major. Neil said.

Never. Audrey said.

I love you so much. Neil says.

I love you too. Audrey says.

After that, Neil and Audrey prepped dinner and ate it together. Neil was quiet the whole time. He was still weighing the pros and cons of being a chief.

They both then went to bed. Neil couldn't sleep as he was still thinking. It was a major decision, he would have to be Audrey s boss instead of working with her at the same level. But he wanted to do a lot for the hospital too that he could only do by being chief. Neil was in deep thought so he didnt sleep the whole night.

He was ready before audrey was even up.

Neil. You are up early today. Audrey said.

Yeah. I am. He said.

Then Audrey gets ready while neil ponders his decision which he made last night for the last time this decision would change his and Audreys life.

He was going to accept the position. He wanted to accept the position.

Audrey I want to talk to you. Neil said patting the bed for Audrey to sit.

About what? Audrey asked sitting down.

I am accepting the cheif position. Is that okay with you? Neil asks audrey.

Yeah, I already told you I am totally fine with this. Audrey said without even thinking.

You sure? Neil asks.

Yep. Audrey says.

Great. Neil says.

After some time,neil and audrey drove to the hospital.

Audrey went straight to the E.R. and Neil first went to his office, put his bag and then proceeded to glassman s office .

He reached there and knocked on the door.

Come in. Glassman said.

Oh,neil take a seat. He said as he saw neil.

Yeah. Neil said as he took a seat.

So you accepting it or not? Glassman asked.

I am. Neil said.

Okay. Alrighy, sign this and its official. Then it will be Dr. Neil melendez, MD, Cheif of surgery. Glassman said passing Neil the papers with a pen on top

Yeah. Neil said chuckling and taking the papers and signing his signature :Nmeldendez.

Glassman stood up,so did Neil they both shook hands.

Welcome, Chief Melendez to St. Bonaventure Hospital. Glassman still shaking his hands with Neil.

Thanks dr. Glassman. Neil said.

Your office will be ready tomorrow. Till then, you can use your old office. Glassman said.

Alright. Neil said.

Neil then went to his office, and took a deep breath.

Claire entered.

Hey, Claire so how is it going with park? He asked.

Its going great and who told you? Claire asked shocked that Neil knew.

I saw you both. Neil said.

Oh, I suppose you have no problem with that? Claire asked.

As long as it doesn't affect you work as a surgeon I am fine. Neil said shrugging.

Wait... how are you fine with this? Claire asked.

Claire i said it pretty clearly I think I never loved you i just wanted no hard feelings when I died. Neil said.

That teaches you that you should never admit your feelings for someone when they are dying. Claire said.

Yeah, I think that i taught you one more thing today. Neil said.

You did you are my teacher. Dr. Melendez. Claire said.
End
Hey all, I watched the episode of greys anatomy where Mark admits her feelings for lexie when she dies so this conversation between Melendez and Claire came out of there. I am sure most of you are gonna attack me for saying this, but to be honest I never liked Neil and Claire together I loved their friendship but nothing else. You are free to voice your opinions. I have always shipped and loved limlendez. Attack me all you want. Dont hate me for this. And for this book, they will continue to have the sibling relationship. Dont hate me fir this confession.
Have a great day
Janvi