8

"I want to organize a dinner for all the official ladies of this kingdom. What do you think of that ?"

Rocky spoke directly to the counselor, introduced by the king. She was a woman in her thirties, smart, and very well-spoken. Every afternoon, she'd inform the queen of important things that happened within the Chadian kingdom and ask for her opinion. She was also charged with advising her when needed.

"Why did that cross your mind, your majesty?" She wondered.

"Well, I just realized I haven't met any of them since the wedding. One of my jobs is to build good relationships between the royal family and officials of the kingdom. I think dinner would be a great way to do that and at least, get acquainted with the ladies."

"I think that's a bright idea, my queen. I will take care of the organization. What do you think of making it after tomorrow?"

"That's fine with me. I will trust you with the rest, then."

"Sure. Thank you, your majesty. I will be leaving."

Rocky waved goodbye and watched the lady step out of the throne room. The queen was back to feeling lonely and bored in this huge palace.  Adama and Birni were standing right behind her but it was hard to think of any type of conversations she could have with them. 

God, she missed the king so much. She wished he would come back already.

"I guess I will smoke hookah again..."

The queen stood up with a sigh. She walked to the door and her two servants followed her silently. Adama wasn't as jealous as she used to be. She probably got used to the fact that she'd have to share the queen's attention. Though, that didn't stop her from glaring at Birni at times. They walked down the long hall leading to the Harem. The huge windows displayed a very sunny day but it didn't feel as warm as the past weeks.

"Maybe we should sit outside." The queen mumbled to herself.

And therefore, when she reached the Harem, she asked the ladies to join her in the garden for an afternoon snack. As usual, the youngsters were very excited but Meriem the redhead simply stood up and rejoined her own bedroom. She was determined to be an enemy, Rocky understood.

 Birni and Adama helped the other servants bring drinks, snacks, and of course, the hookah outside.

They had a new singer in the palace. She had the voice of an angel and knew how to play the Arabian oud perfectly. 

Rocky smiled when she saw her approaching but her attention was soon grabbed by someone else

Rocky smiled when she saw her approaching but her attention was soon grabbed by someone else. Raja was hiding behind one of the palm trees and watching. The queen frowned. It had been two days since her last interaction with the young servant. Since then, she always caught him hiding and staring at her with that odd expression on. It's almost as if he had something to tell her but then, every time Rocky caught him, he'd just leave in a hurry.