Chapter 3

"Akoni," Victoria began. "Do you need a place to stay?" She knew this was a stupid question but she was trying to get him out of his horrible position. "No, I'm fine here." He stated, still looking down. "Tell the truth," Victoria stated, knowing he didn't. Looking up, the boy whispered, "yes, i do." Victoria immediately invited him to stay the night at her house. He had to agree because Victoria wouldn't leave without him. He sat in the back seat of her car, loosening up a little. "So where do you come from?" Victoria asked happily. "Africa." Akoni stated in his african accent. He pronounced it more like ( a-free-ku ). She was confused and didn't say anything the rest of the car ride. When they arrived at her house, she insisted he shower off.  After wards, she realized that he needed clothes-clean clothes. She grabbed one of her large T-shirts and told him to put it on. "This'll work for now." She sighed. "Now go brush your teeth. I have toothpaste in the cabinet and an extra toothbrush in the drawer." "If you need me I'll be making your bed." But Akoni just stood there, he didn't move. "Miss," he began. "Call me Victoria." She interrupted. "What's toothpaste?" He asked, in a shy, embarrassed manner. Victoria widened her eyes. "This boy must have been through alot." She thought to herself.