𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦

Draco closed his eyes as he felt a soft pair of lips on his own.

It was euphoric. It was like they finally opened their eyes for the first time- nothing ever felt quite like this.

Their hearts were racing almost as fast as the butterflies that grew in their stomachs. It was surreal. Was this actually happening?

A warmth spread throughout Draco's body and to his face as he acknowledged that he was kissing Harry Potter.

At three in the morning.

In his bed.

He pulled away slowly, his eyes fluttering open and meeting Harry's.

Harry looked down. "I- I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that."

Draco shook his head and reached to touch Harry's jaw, bringing his chin up so Harry could look at him.

"It's okay, Harry." Draco sighed. "I've been wanting to do that for a while too, you know." he whispered.

Harry lifted his eyes and met Draco's. "Really?"

Draco nodded. Harry looked down at his hands, taking a deep breath. He chuckled.

Draco found himself smiling at Harry. "What's so funny?"

"This. I mean, just all of it. I can't believe this is where we ended up, you know?" Harry lifted his eyes again and continued. "It's a lot to unpack."

Draco smirked. "Yeah, can't believe I just kissed the guy who nearly killed me in the washrooms in the sixth year."

Harry gasped, smacking him on the arm. "What the hell is wrong with you? It was an accident!"

Draco only laughed, Harry soon joining him.

-

After a few minutes, they decided to move to the bay window like they did the previous night.

They sat opposite of each other, looking over the dim lights of London.

"Why did you have a panic attack?" Harry asked after a few moments of silence. "Was it a nightmare?"

"Yes." Draco replied, peeling his eyes away from the window to look down at his hands.

"If you feel comfortable with answering, what was it about?"

Draco fidgeted with a piece of string that was on his shirt. "My dad uh... he killed you. And I was like- frozen in place? If that makes sense. I couldn't move, and-"

Harry put his hand on Draco's. "I'm sorry. You don't need to talk about it."

Draco's breath evened, and he finally looked up at Harry. "What's going to happen when we go back to Hogwarts? Today's the last full day, you know."

"I know," Harry frowned. "and what do you mean?"

"Are we going back to being enemies? Or are we just going to stop talking to each other, like before?" Draco asked.

Harry shook his head. "I wouldn't want that, but if that's what you want then-"

"No, I want to stay like this." Draco confirmed, his heart fluttering at Harry's words.

Harry smiled, taking his hand off of Draco's and leaning back on the window. "What even are we? I mean, didn't we just kiss, for merlins sake?"

Draco laughed awkwardly. "What do you want to be?"

"How about we just figure it out, okay? Together."