ten. dépaysement

━━━━  · 。゚☆

━━━━  · 。゚☆ .☽ .* ☆゚. ━━━━

(n.)  when someone is taken out of
their own familiar world into
a new one

THE TEEN GOD AND THE MORTAL HAD COME TO AN AGREEMENT. Albeit a silent one at that, they had come to an agreement, nonetheless. The two never really interacted with the other outside of the Tower, just a glance here and there and a brush of the shoulder as they passed by each other on their way to their respective classes. When nightfall would soon come, they would lie next to the other and look up at the stars, letting the silence fill the void for them whenever they couldn't. Draco would still be a little tense but then would relax just the tiniest bit before he would take his place next to Louis and just melt completely, letting out a sigh he'd been holding in the entire day after yet another failure from trying to repair the Vanishing Cabinet.

Louis didn't mind that he didn't have much of a chance to talk to Draco during school hours, he was okay with it because he was able to discover a newer side to the teenaged god whenever the sun went down. He hadn't learned much, but with time would come some new things to know about him. It would also be due to the reason that Draco seemed to disappear most of the day, jetting off gods know where and then not reappear for some time until dinner, tired as ever and lost in his head, that gruesome war still waging.

Louis's thoughts were then splintered by the familiar fair-haired girl seated beside him, Luna pulling at his ear as one of her unconventional ways to get his attention. "Yeah?" he asked distractedly, trying to spot Draco at the Slytherin table, but no luck. He then turned to Luna, his attention now undivided.

"It seems that Professor Slughorn is having a party and I was wondering if you'd come with me," Luna offered, wide-eyed. Louis raised an eyebrow. "I thought only Club members were allowed. Wait, the party that's happening in December?"

Luna nodded, confirming. "How do you know?"

"I ran into him about a week ago and he said that you weren't afraid to tell him my life story."

"It wasn't your whole life story," Luna responded, sassy, "just the half of it. Are you coming?"

Louis shrugged. "I suppose so. It'd be rude not to." With that, the owls came down from the owlery to dispense their owners' mail before returning. Louis received his usual Daily Prophet newspaper and letter from his mother. He opened the letter first, scanning it before going back to the top and reading it.

Hello, my little astronomer, the letter started, I'm here with my usual letter to see how things are going with you, school, and to update about myself, as per your request. I suppose things are going well as I haven't received any letters of disapproval from your professors—let's keep it that way, shall we? I've met someone. His name's Martin and he treats me very well. We've met a couple of weeks ago and with what I've told him, he'd be very delighted to meet you, sweetheart. Well, I've best be off. Don't forget to reply. All my love, Mama.