In Motion.

University

noun

1. an educational institution designed for instruction, examination, or both, of students in many branches of advanced learning

-----------------------------------------

Grade Twelve had gone by quickly, by the time I knew it, the year had passed and Michael and I were wearing gowns at Graduation. The year had been good, the first full year of Michael and I being together. Well, that was bit of a lie, we'd been together since we were 6 and that hadn't changed now that we were 18. It was just the way our world was.

Also, Calum had finally forgiven me for my joke from the beginning of the year. Well, kinda.

Graduation had passed, and the days after passed even quicker. Everything was suddenly moving in fast motion, nearing the day I was dreading. The day I was heading to University and Michael was heading to his. It had suddenly become the night before and I'd pushed back packing, hoping maybe it would come slower if I didn't think about it.

Staring at my half-filled suitcase and my empty boxes, I realized I couldn't do this alone. I knocked on Michael's window and he showed up at the window immediately, smiling at me. Opening the window, he stuck his head out.

"Yes?" He asked, giving me the look I loved.

"Are you done packing?" I asked sheepishly.

"Is that code for, please help me I didn't pack yet?"

"Yes," I mumbled, Michael gave a weak laugh as he climbed into my room. He looked around, his eyes widening at the mess I'd created.

"Wow, Sophie." He laughed, picking up a clay pot with polka dots painted in different colours on it. "I didn't know you still had this."

"Neither did I." I laughed, taking the painted pot from him, on the bottom a little kid had scrawled his name.

Michael.

for Sophie.

I smiled to myself, remembering Michael giving me this on Arts and Crafts day at our Elementary school. I put it in the box marked fragile, while Michael's back was turned.

"Do you remember that Christmas concert?" Michael asked, picking out different clothes from my closet and throwing them in my suitcase.

"That narrows it down," I said sarcastically, taking some books off my shelf and putting them into the other empty box neatly.

"The one that our music teacher forced me to go in," Michael clarified.

"Oh yeah, I remember that. You were so nervous, I had to hold your hand before you went on stage to calm you down." I smiled at the memory.

"That's why you were holding my hand?" Michael asked, laughing. I turned to look at him, raising my eyebrow.

"What did you think?" I asked, smirking at him.

"I don't know actually. It helped, though, I didn't feel uncomfortable performing after." Michael smiled, pausing from putting my clothes in my suitcase.

"I love hearing you sing," I stated, remembering Mikey performing that day as I watched from the wings. I picked up some picture frames and put them in the fragile box next to Michael's homemade bowl.

"Hold me close and hold me fast..." Michael began to sing, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind and beginning to sway us back and forth, "this magic spell you cast, this is la vie en rose."